Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
Rick Long

Klipsch Cornwall Speakers

Recommended Posts

Klipsch Cornwall Speakers

Purchased in 1980

One owner

Perfect condition

Location:  Delaware

$1,450 for the pair

 

fullsizeoutput_99.jpeg

IMG_0456.JPG

IMG_0457.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is your first picture showing a Cornwall III if yours are from 1980?  Do you have pictures of YOUR speakers per chance?   W is 1981.

 

GLWS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was going to buy them sight unseen... now... not so much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As the saying goes, 

Oh, ye of little faith.:biggrin:

 

I guess it would have been a little better to put a picture of the real speakers in the ad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The tiny K-701 horn was a dead give away for the III's.  The 1981's would not be flush mounted drivers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies everyone and thanks for the comments.  No idea where that first pic is from (background isn't my house).

Just pulled them out and took off front of one of the two.

Here's 3 fresh shots.

They're legit; if anyone is in the Southern Delaware area and wants a look, they're here.

Thanks for your patience; again my apologies.

IMG_7688.jpg

IMG_7689.jpg

IMG_7690.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you are a new poster selling your wares on a Forum that is specific to one brand or company, in general, you will have may "experts" scrutinizing or suspicious of your posts. Some tend to jump the gun a bit in making accusations or at least innuendo's that a new poster is trying some kind of chicanery. I am glad that it at least appears this is not the case here. Very nice looking original Cornwall's, good luck with the sale!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Rick Long,

 

Welcome to the forum.

 

You have yourself some beauties.  Good luck with your sale.

 

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Bonzo said:

When you are a new poster selling your wares on a Forum that is specific to one brand or company, in general, you will have may "experts" scrutinizing or suspicious of your posts. Some tend to jump the gun a bit in making accusations or at least innuendo's that a new poster is trying some kind of chicanery. I am glad that it at least appears this is not the case here. Very nice looking original Cornwall's, good luck with the sale!

Thanks Bonzo, appreciate your honesty and kindness.  And you are correct, I am a newbie to this forum, and no, it's not the case of chicanery here.

Honest mistake -- a bad one at that, on my part.  Thanks again.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John Chi-town said:

Will you ship?

 

Regards,

John

I'm checking in to shipping costs now John.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Rick Long said:

I'm checking in to shipping costs now John.  

 

Rick

 

Thank you.  Still trying to figure out if I can pull the trigger on.  Just didn"t want to contemplate if unwilling to ship.  They are beautiful!

 

John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, John Chi-town said:

 

Rick

 

Thank you.  Still trying to figure out if I can pull the trigger on.  Just didn"t want to contemplate if unwilling to ship.  They are beautiful!

 

John

 

2 hours ago, John Chi-town said:

 

Rick

 

Thank you.  Still trying to figure out if I can pull the trigger on.  Just didn"t want to contemplate if unwilling to ship.  They are beautiful!

 

John

John,  The shipping is going to be cost prohibitive;  it would be over $500 to ship them (UPS).  Thank you for the interest,

Rick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rick Long said:

 

John,  The shipping is going to be cost prohibitive;  it would be over $500 to ship them (UPS).  Thank you for the interest,

Rick

 

Rick,

 

Agreed.  GLWS they should not last long,

 

Regards,

John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rick:

I sent you a PM this morning regarding the CBR you are selling.  Please contact me this morning.

 

Best,

 

Brett

Edited by Hawkeye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2019 at 10:48 AM, Rick Long said:

Apologies everyone and thanks for the comments.  No idea where that first pic is from (background isn't my house).

Just pulled them out and took off front of one of the two.

Here's 3 fresh shots.

They're legit; if anyone is in the Southern Delaware area and wants a look, they're here.

Thanks for your patience; again my apologies.

IMG_7688.jpg

IMG_7689.jpg

IMG_7690.jpg

Yep....paranoia runs rampant on this forum. GLWS.......nice cw's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Rick is telling porkies. I am more than suspicious. To post a photo in a sale ad which is very different looking in baffle layout, wood colour, logo placement/style, baffle layout vent color etc than what he claims it is very hard to believe, you can think what you want but it is too much of a stretch for me. To post a photo of loudspeakers which are thirty years newer than what he actually says he has and when called on it claims he has no idea where that photo comes from smells bad to me. " No idea where that first pic is from (background isn't my house)" I bet it's not ,that sound like the only truth here! PWK used to wear a little yellow button under his lapel just for times like this.

   If the op turns out to be a righteous guy that's fine, I think that he should understand and forgive my very suspicious reaction. I don't want to see anyone get ripped off and this sort of thing happens every day so please be careful. A special thank you to avguytx for making the initial catch and call in this thread.

BS badge.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Caveat emptor. FYI - An image search of the first images posted hits on numerous Russian websites. The serial number listed in the current ad also showed up in this earlier post (likely not one owner).

 

 

image.png.5a130d2c1470237d59e2097b74b3e392.png

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't a simple rule clear up most, if not all, listings on the Garage Sale section?

I've used Swappa for a new phone and reddit exchange for AV accessories. Both places require you to "prove" that you're not a scammer.

Whoever is posting something here for sale (not alert section) should provide a picture with today's date and username. Simple, yet effective.

 

P.S.: That's a good staple of mine and it is not for sale, please don't PM offers.

 

IMG_2786.JPG

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...