Jamo s809

william99740

6 minutes ago, Edgar_in_Indy said:

Thank you for the quick response, but I've actually been a member here since 2013, lol. I just don't post very frequently. The Onkyo receiver I mentioned was powering a pair of RF-7's in my dedicated home theater room in my basement.

Cool, sorry about that... guess I should ask about the 7s but, maybe not...

• 9 months later...

Just revisiting this old thread after doing some remodeling around the apartment. Right now the Jamo 809s are sereffects. Side surrounds behind the couch in my living room lol. I'll say after living with them... they served there purpose and I saw that they have dipped in price even more. Hard to compete with that price point. The sound just seemed to come from the front of the room where my TV is, which wasn't bad, as I  have no center speaker. With the klipsch rp260s.. the sound seems more precise and I can distinctly tell when sound is coming from left or right which really adds to the surround sound effect. I guess the jamo soft dome tweeters left me craving the high and clarity of the horn tweeters. Also the bass just doesn't compete with the klipsch at all.

As one might expect.. the jamo is a budget compromise speaker. if your budget is in the 200 dollar range for a set of towers... hard to beat I suppose.

In conclusion (assuming we are fans of klipsch) if you can find a deal on previous generation rp line... go that route since they seem to be half the price of the latest and greatest being pumped out. I would once again pay double the jamo price for rp260s any day.

• Like 1

Cool.. My

12 minutes ago, william99740 said:

Just revisiting this old thread after doing some remodeling around the apartment. Right now the Jamo 809s are sereffects. Side surrounds behind the couch in my living room lol. I'll say after living with them... they served there purpose and I saw that they have dipped in price even more. Hard to compete with that price point. The sound just seemed to come from the front of the room where my TV is, which wasn't bad, as I  have no center speaker. With the klipsch rp260s.. the sound seems more precise and I can distinctly tell when sound is coming from left or right which really adds to the surround sound effect. I guess the jamo soft dome tweeters left me craving the high and clarity of the horn tweeters. Also the bass just doesn't compete with the klipsch at all.

As one might expect.. the jamo is a budget compromise speaker. if your budget is in the 200 dollar range for a set of towers... hard to beat I suppose.

In conclusion (assuming we are fans of klipsch) if you can find a deal on previous generation rp line... go that route since they seem to be half the price of the latest and greatest being pumped out. I would once again pay double the jamo price for rp260s any day.

Cool...