PA speakers, amps near me (not Klipsch)

wvu80

6 hours ago, billybob said:

Recognize those but no personal experience with. Those look like some possibilities at the right price.  Wonder if a forum search would yield something useful.

Things are moving fast for those items.  The 15" Peavey's and the three QSC amps are gone.  The ad now says any remaining item $180 or $1200 for everything.

I can't see well enough to even identify the Yamaha amps.  Someone on another site said the three Yamaha P-series were worth some money but I can't read the model numbers.  Maybe P-5000S?

The black Yamaha looks like CP2000 but I can't read the writing on the others.

• Like 1

I found a link to the Yam P5000 amps.  Looks like 569 new, but these are discontinued.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_12?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=yamaha+p5000s+amplifier&sprefix=yamaha+p5000%2Caps%2C142&crid=2QBN7UERL8JR5

What do you guys think about me picking up the pair of P5000, offering $300 for the pair?  Seller is asking $180 each.

Edit:  I finally got a chance to do some research.  The consensus seems to be the Yamaha P-series are decent amps but overpriced for the power, especially compared to the Inukes.  They seem to be OK for mid-to-high frequency but not so good for duty as a sub amp.  That means at any price these are not for me.

I'm not out anything on this deal.  I was looking for something for nothing. 

• Like 1

Dave,

I was looking at a Yamaha P-3500s for $150. I wasn't able to find much on them either, so I posted here in the solid state threads. One answer, @carlthess40 had one (P-5000s) that sounded great but crapped out after 3 years. I told the guy I would take it, with the weather here I wouldn't make it to pick it up until today. He sold it. If you can get him to move off the $180 each, I would be interested in one.

Mark

Mark

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ZEUS121996 said:

If you can get him to move off the $180 each, I would be interested in one.

I can reach out to the Seller, no problem.  The first rule of business is always give the other guy a chance to say yes.

I was informed on a DIY FB page that the Ebay price for the P-5000 is $399.  I didn't realize it was selling for so much on the used market.

What price do you want me to throw out to the Seller?  For one, or both? 

1 minute ago, wvu80 said:

I can reach out to the Seller, no problem.  The first rule of business is always give the other guy a chance to say yes.

I was informed on a DIY FB page that the Ebay price for the P-5000 is $399.  I didn't realize it was selling for so much on the used market.

What price do you want me to throw out to the Seller?  For one, or both? 

PM sent

Mark

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ZEUS121996 said:

Offer him 300 for the pair, otherwise pass on them, I have a bunch of offers out on Yamahas

I didn't get the $300 price point, but we've got some action going with the Seller. 

PM sent. 

• Like 1