Help me pick a receiver please!!!!!!!!!!!

William B

I'm new to this home theater experience. But I want the Dolby Atmos setup. I have ordered (2) RP-8060FA Floor speakers (1) RP-504C Center channel (2) SPL-100 Subwoofers.I will mainly be watching movies. I just don't know what receiver to get. I was looking at the Marantz SR8012 or I was thinking about going with the Marantz SR7012. Or the Marantz AV7705 paired with the Marantz MM7025. 

I will add speakers in the future just need a good starting point. If you would recommend a receiver outside of marantz please let me know.

P.S I get 50% off all Marantz and Denon. And a small discount on other receivers. Thank you for your help in advanced.RP-50

• Like 1

@William B,

Welcome to the forum.

15 hours ago, William B said:

I'm new to this home theater experience. But I want the Dolby Atmos setup. I have ordered (2) RP-8060FA Floor speakers (1) RP-504C Center channel (2) SPL-100 Subwoofers.I will mainly be watching movies.  I will add speakers in the future just need a good starting point. 

Looks like a good starting point but maybe rethink the pair of 10" subwoofers especially if your room is an open plan like a family room/kitchen/nook combo.  Though it may be enough if your room is on the very small side

I was looking at the Marantz SR8012 or I was thinking about going with the Marantz SR7012.

Looks to be very good choices.

Or the Marantz AV7705 paired with the Marantz MM7025. 

Keep in mind here that you will still need another amp to power your center speaker as well as if you add more speakers in the future.

P.S I get 50% off all Marantz and Denon.

Now that's a bonus.:emotion-21:

Bill

• Like 1

How large is the room and what sound levels are you wanting? 

The room size is a very important part, like Willland brought up.

If you have a larger room, with areas open to the rest of the house, I would likely take away some of the receiver budget and put it towards a pair of killer subs.

This gets brought up all the time but check out accessories4less.com for great deals on Marantz refurbished receivers. The 8012 is usually out of stock but the last time I checked, they had some 7012s available.

I personally like the power amplifier/receiver combo but if you cross your speakers over at 80hz, that removes the majority of the receivers heavy-lifting duties so I would start with a receiver first and add an amp, if you feel the need. 

Have you already purchased the speakers? Many of us here have got wonderful deals on Klipsch speakers, from a great member here. 

If you have a larger room, subwoofers would be where I put a fairly large portion of your budget. 

2 hours ago, K5SS said:

How large is the room and what sound levels are you wanting? 

The room size is a very important part, like Willland brought up.

If you have a larger room, with areas open to the rest of the house, I would likely take away some of the receiver budget and put it towards a pair of killer subs.

This gets brought up all the time but check out accessories4less.com for great deals on Marantz refurbished receivers. The 8012 is usually out of stock but the last time I checked, they had some 7012s available.

I personally like the power amplifier/receiver combo but if you cross your speakers over at 80hz, that removes the majority of the receivers heavy-lifting duties so I would start with a receiver first and add an amp, if you feel the need. 

Have you already purchased the speakers? Many of us here have got wonderful deals on Klipsch speakers, from a great member here. 

If you have a larger room, subwoofers would be where I put a fairly large portion of your budget. 

I am planning to buy some klipsch speakers..may i know who that member is please?

It's a medium size room. for right now. I will probably upgrade in the future. as far as the prices of the speakers the 8060's cost $440 each the subs $200 each and the center channel is $360. I was looking at the Denon 4500 for now. Then I would probably get an amp when I add more speakers.