Are my KHorns marine grade Fir?

Maximus89

bd6611329f1287cbb492621b815bc500.jpg7d1ca9adf0864a5328a9d75824e1c7f6.jpga9388acaaf4682d161b9140800ef450b.jpg

It’s closest match I can find and it doesn’t look like normal fir veneer, but it feels like a veneer as it’s wavy on top

The LF bins seems like a different veneer, they have a dark stain that I want to strip but the pattern isn’t the same with more vertical patterns and even what looks like figures in the wood if you can see in the photo:

b1ec6f80eb0580e20460f76e092012e6.jpg

Where it’s chipped you can see the raw fir under

585ba1f4c7e63e9dcfa3402f9e8058bc.jpg

Any wood experts out there that can help me out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they reverse the letters so it says FR and I think that would mean Raw "F" so if it's Fir, then it would be raw fir (I don't recognize the wood grain so have no clue if that's a fir pattern or not)

I'd wager a pretty serious dinner that they are not marine grade. (in case I'm wrong, your "serious dinner" would be a Happy Meal at McDonalds)

:)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HDBRbuilder said:

Marine-grade fir is what it is...All that was used on the decorators in the beginning....marine-grade because it tended to have fewer voids in the plys.

Thanks. Do you think it was veneered with something different on the LF though?