Lenard Audio?

Schu

Most of what Burnett said is actually true (same for what Rod Elliott has stated in his numerous papers).  However, he is negating the subjective side of the audio hobby.  I'll be the first to admit that I like some 2nd harmonic distortion!  He also doesn't talk about the downside of push-pull operation.  It's no "bowl of cherries" either in many respects. 

Everyone is entitled to their opinions.  It reminds me of the owner of the power supply company at which I worked who was a Crown engineer back in the day.  To him, it doesn't matter how awful an amp sounds as long as the distortion is exceedingly low when measured.  We had some heated debates...

Maynard

• Like 1

He described tube amplifiers as "elegant", which I believe is true. He does a good job describing the differences between tube and solid state amps, and the differences between different types of tube amps. He may upset some people with some of his conclusions, but he seems to be correct in his technical assessments.

Edit: His writeup on output transformer design and construction is the best I've seen.

Doesn't impact my decision making process regarding my systems at all.

Listening to the component in question in my systems and rooms for an extended time has been how I select my components for my 45+ years in this hobby.

If others wish to do it differently, that's up to them.

Each of us will discover the best path to our own personal enjoyment of audio and music.

Just my opinion.