Need Help choosing speaker wires for my new R26-F speakers

Joyron

I am new to the Community and am excited because my new Klipsch speakers just arrived. It was hard to hide them from my wife. I have an Onkyo Tx-r2820 receiver. I tried to research what gauge speaker wires to purchase but I am now thorough confused. My plan was to use the new speakers in addition to the Bose Acoustimas 6 series which I already had. Can someone familiar with the receiver and speakers advise on what might be good options?

Welcome to The Forum.

This should be Pretty Easy.

Get some Oxygen Free Copper "Speaker Cable" 16 gauge is the smallest I would use.

I also would use Banana Plugs for the ease of connecting.

You really do not have to pay High Prices for wire, just get a good quality and a decent thickness.

If you live in a city, you should be able to go to a store and find what you need.

Personally I think Best Buys wire is way over priced especially the interconnect cables.

I buy my cable at Partsexpress.com and other things I want.

I haven't bought speaker cable for a while and I use a 12 gauge for my mains--I like big wires.

They're high quality and last for years.

• Like 2

For speaker wire, get OFC, not the cheaper CCA.  If it doesn't say that it's OFC, then it is CCA.  Get more than you think you need, you always need more.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=9343

Don't get the Monoprice banana plugs.  They won't even fit their own 12 awg wire.

Get Mediabridge banana plugs.  They are priced right and high quality.  If you can find banana plugs rated higher than 4.9 stars, buy them.

https://www.amazon.com/Mediabridge-Banana-Plugs-Corrosion-Resistant-Gold-Plated/dp/B00JFC9BJU/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2ZVJ4YWQNTQ1Y&keywords=mediabridge+banana+plugs&qid=1551328234&s=electronics&sprefix=media%2Celectronics%2C362&sr=1-3

I use both products ^^^.

Welcome to the forums.