No longer for sale

bkwa1959

1 pair of Klipschorns that have been heavily modded with 2" tractrix horns with massive 30 pound each JBL 2446h midranges,bob crites ct-125 tweeters ,enclosed backs and ALK cornscalla universal crossovers.These are some of the best  Klipschorns I have ever listen to,I am downsizing from 2 systems to 1 and I am selling these great sounding speakers.I am rating the cabinets condition as 6/10 and they sons 9/10.These speakers with the enclosed back and they extend the backs and they have deep bass and with the tractrix horns they are smooth without the edgy sound.I can email more pictures if interested.2500.00 Sevierville,TN 

IMG_1756.JPG

• Like 2

No I added the city after reading your post, I would love to hear your Jubilee's,but I get in enough trouble.Everytime I hear a Klipsch speaker I always want them.I need to sell these Klipschorns and next up for sale are a pair of KPT-684's,we are thinking of selling our home and and downsizing and some of the big speakers need to go.Below is a picture of the horns before I covered them.

IMG_1700.JPG

20 hours ago, bkwa1959 said:

1 pair of Klipschorns that have been heavily modded with 2" tractrix horns with massive 30 pound each JBL 2446h midranges,bob crites ct-125 tweeters ,enclosed backs and ALK cornscalla universal crossovers.These are some of the best  Klipschorns I have ever listen to,I am downsizing from 2 systems to 1 and I am selling these great sounding speakers.I am rating the cabinets condition as 6/10 and they sons 9/10.These speakers with the enclosed back and they extend the backs and they have deep bass and with the tractrix horns they are smooth without the edgy sound.I can email more pictures if interested.2500.00 Sevierville,TN 

IMG_1756.JPG

Just curious, how did you enclose your backs? I want to do mine , interested in the best method. Was it worth doing, this looks like a "good" corner install.  GLWS. 

This was done before I bought them and the reason I bought them was to hear the difference between regular Klipschorns and ones with 2"Volti style tractrix horns and the difference was night and day.Smoother sounding midrange and with enclosed backs deeper bass.

IMG_1760.JPG

I do not have the original crossovers or drivers, I am rating 6/10 due to sides of top hats.Tbe previous owner put trim pieces on the top sides and they really need to be replaced.I am very picky and I have had friends over and they thought the speakers look great and sound unbelievable.They are too big for my room,but if they don't sell I will keep them and hopefully my next home will have a bigger room for my stereo.

2 minutes ago, bkwa1959 said:

I do not have the original crossovers or drivers, I am rating 6/10 due to sides of top hats.Tbe previous owner put trim pieces on the top sides and they really need to be replaced.I am very picky and I have had friends over and they thought the speakers look great and sound unbelievable.They are too big for my room,but if they don't sell I will keep them and hopefully my next home will have a bigger room for my stereo.

The birch is in good shape though?  Veneer peel is the issue?  Making sure theres no water damage.  Can you send me a photo of the "problem areas"?  Thanks.

I have been asked a few questions today about my rating of 6/10 and my rating is based on the grills that cover the sides do not sit completely flush and the previous owner added some trim on both sides of the tops that are not even.These are things you really don't noticed went set up.Since adding the backs and the sides really helps the bass control and with the Tractrix 2" opening wood horns that are skilky smooth midranges.The speakers have Klipsch K-33 round woofers.

IMG_1805.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2019 at 3:15 PM, bkwa1959 said:

Is There a way to remove this listing for sale!i have decided to keep them.

Great decision!  There are lots of stories about people who regret selling their equipment.

Yes, the bass and depth of the soundstage with these speakers are some of the best I have heard with Klipschorns and the only reason I was trying to sell them is because I have 2 pairs of Klipschorns.I will just keep both pairs and enjoy them.

• Like 1