We had a death in the family.

mr clean

Its my coffee maker! After about 20 years my bunn bit the dust. Im not sure what to replace it with but I know the new ones don't  last near as long. Im looking for something a lot better at making a great cup of coffee that gets hotter but I will miss the old girl. What are some of you using and are you happy with what you have?

• Sad 1

I have a cuisinart basic drip style coffee maker that’s approaching 15 years old. Knowing she’s on the ‘short’ list I already found 2 others just like her at local thrift stores. I have 4 pots as well. Should be good to go for quite sometime. There’s always coffee makers at thrift stores.

• Like 1

On my final Bunn ST for the past few years. The first STX lasted 3 years until I poured weak, cold coffee one morning.

Best ever was a forty pound kitchen aid pro line until it barfed coffee and grinds all over the kitchen one morning before I got in there. Two of those did that after a certain number of uses. That crooked company replaced it with a plastic cheapo the second time around not the steel body machine I paid for. See Ya, Ha Ha! They got no more of my money!

Check this out...

http://www.coffeegeek.com/proreviews/quickshot/evasolocafesolo/details

Got one of these when the current Bunn was two years old just for whenever it expires. It's a more involved process, only used it a half dozen times but I will deal with it every day when the time comes because it makes the beans I use taste even better. And this immersion process doesn't put grinds in your cup like a press does!

Got a glass guts thermos to go with it that holds the qt (ltr) it makes so you can stop the brewing.

We use them at work and using them 24/7 we usually get about 3 to 4 years. Thats about what the last 3 have lasted. I would like to get one certified by the Specialty Coffee Association.  Basically meaning it will get between 195 and 205 temp wise and takes less than 8 mins to brew.

• Thanks 1

Sounds like you know what to do @mr clean ! The Bunn Velocity Brew models are what you have to choose from. Nothing trendy is going to get that correct temp or work that fast! Be sure you get the slowed release water head thingy from Bunn. It will make the Brew a good bit better!

We have owned multiple drip coffee makers. Kitchen Aid,  Breville, cuisinart, etc etc and were never satisfied. The best by about 100x has been the Mocha Master. A brewer built in the Netherlands that actually brews coffee at the perfect temperature. Very expensive and they don’t offer a model with an automatic timer but given the quality of the coffee that doesn’t matter. They are available on Amazon. Here is a link to the company

https://us.moccamaster.com/

7 hours ago, joshnich said:

We have owned multiple drip coffee makers. Kitchen Aid,  Breville, cuisinart, etc etc and were never satisfied. The best by about 100x has been the Mocha Master. A brewer built in the Netherlands that actually brews coffee at the perfect temperature. Very expensive and they don’t offer a model with an automatic timer but given the quality of the coffee that doesn’t matter. They are available on Amazon. Here is a link to the company

https://us.moccamaster.com/

I will check that one out better when I get off work. This is what I have been looking at also. Its not fancy but they say works great whoever they are!

Bonavita BV 1900TS