Moto Guzzi Audace

dtr20

I was thinking about getting a new old stock 2016 moto guzzi audace 1400cc. I currently own a 2003 Honda magna 750cc V4. I know the maintenance is significantly more on the moto guzzi. Does anyone here have experience with them as far as reliability, longevity, etc? Thanks

Dtr20,

I have a friend of many years who LOVES Italian motorcycles.  On average he has about 4 of them at any one time in his garage.  It's typically a mix of Ducati, Aprilla, and Guzzi.  I can tell you what he's told me several times:  He wishes he'd never bought the first Ducati.  He became bewitched by them and it spread to other Italian hardware.  His point is always the same...they are expensive, GLORIOUS, temperamental, and they all leak oil.  Every bike he has, whether new or nearly new, gets a transmission drip pan placed underneath it.  Invariably, they all spring some kind of oil leak.  This is not to say they are junk, but they are not Japanese either.  They won't give you length of service that say a BMW or a Japanese bike will.  It's important to note that he won't ride anything else, but he also spends a whole lot of money on maintenance at the dealers.

By the way, the Guzzi bikes always sound different than the other bikes and when I say different, I mean awesome!  I say go for it and never look back!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Frozmeister said:

His point is always the same...they are expensive, GLORIOUS, temperamental, and they all leak oil.  Every bike he has, whether new or nearly new, gets a transmission drip pan placed underneath it.  Invariably, they all spring some kind of oil leak. 

Ain't gonna lie, this freaked me out more than convinced me to get the bike. 

17 hours ago, dtr20 said:

I was thinking about getting a new old stock 2016 moto guzzi audace 1400cc. I currently own a 2003 Honda magna 750cc V4. I know the maintenance is significantly more on the moto guzzi. Does anyone here have experience with them as far as reliability, longevity, etc? Thanks

what are you waiting for !

New Motocycles

2016 AUDACE

2016 AUDACE

2016 1400CC TORQUE LOADED V-TWIN RUBBER MOUNTED ENGINE WITH  6 SPEED TRANSMISSION AND DRIVESHAFT. FORWARD FOOTPEGS WITH ELECTRONIC CRUISE CONTROLS AND 5.4 GAL FUEL TANK MAKE THIS BIKE A LONG DISTANCE RIDER.

AJ-Cycle-sign_small.JPG

AJ Cycle
274 Route 2
Scenic Mohawk Trail
Gill, MA 01354 map

413-863-9543

Hours: 
Tue-Fri: 11:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Sat: 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Closed

I have a friend that sells a lot of Italian bikes. He has a dealership in Pensacola that sells a lot of Aprilia, MV Agusta, and Ducati. There is something special about a hand made Italian bike, some are pretty sexy. I do hear a lot about some of the teething problems, especially on first year models. It just comes along with owning one of those bikes. I'm not sure who's Moto Guzzi's parent company is, but I think they have a pretty good reputation for holding up well. 

My friend had a price list for all the body parts of a high end Ducati street legal factory replica race bike, body parts only list was over $40k.

On 2/27/2019 at 4:00 PM, Ceptorman said:

I have a friend that sells a lot of Italian bikes. He has a dealership in Pensacola that sells a lot of Aprilia, MV Agusta, and Ducati. There is something special about a hand made Italian bike, some are pretty sexy. I do hear a lot about some of the teething problems, especially on first year models. It just comes along with owning one of those bikes. I'm not sure who's Moto Guzzi's parent company is, but I think they have a pretty good reputation for holding up well. 

My friend had a price list for all the body parts of a high end Ducati street legal factory replica race bike, body parts only list was over $40k.

I like my Italian bike !

IMG_20180523_151825.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/27/2019 at 4:00 PM, Ceptorman said:

Moto Guzzi's parent company

Piaggio

Group brands

• Aprilia – motorcycles, scooter and mopeds
  • Piaggio – scooters, mopeds
  • Vespa – scooters and mopeds
  • Scarabeo – scooters and mopeds
  • Derbi – motorcycles, scooters, mopeds and recreational ATVs (quads)
  • Gilera – motorcycles, scooters, mopeds and recreational ATVs (quads)
  • Moto Guzzi – motorcycles

1 hour ago, Coytee said:

Husky's are now Italian??  I always thought they were Swedish?

A man's man....goes with one wheel.....

Unicycle baby!!!

(oops, wrong thread.....return to your prior programming)

Theu

1 hour ago, Coytee said:

Husky's are now Italian??  I always thought they were Swedish?

A man's man....goes with one wheel.....

Unicycle baby!!!

(oops, wrong thread.....return to your prior programming)

In 1987, the Husqvarna motorcycle division was sold to Italian motorcycle manufacturer Cagiva and became part of MV Agusta Motor S.p.A. The motorcycles, widely known as "Huskies / Husky", are from now on produced in Varese.

https://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/heritage/

5 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

In 1987, the Husqvarna motorcycle division was sold to Italian motorcycle manufacturer Cagiva and became part of MV Agusta Motor S.p.A. The motorcycles, widely known as "Huskies / Husky", are from now on produced in Varese.

Ok, so if you've ever thought that I seem to be behind the times, you now have proof positive!

:huh2:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Coytee said:

Ok, so if you've ever thought that I seem to be behind the times, you now have proof positive!

:huh2:

That also has changed 2007 BMW bought out husqavarna..

A historic reunion - two become one again!

In 2013 Pierer Industries AG (Husaberg’s owner) bought Husqvarna Motorcycles - marking the reunion of two halves of the original Husqvarna brand of the 60’s and 70’s! For 2014 the ‘new’ Husqvarna Motorcycles brand returns to it’s glorious origins with state-of-the-art technology and the iconic Swedish blue, yellow and white colour-scheme. A brand new range of Enduro and Motocross motorcycles sees one of the oldest manufacturers return to the top of off-road motorcycle sport. In over 50 years of racing and with more than 82 world titles so far.... the legendary tale of Husqvarna continues!

The big split

When Husqvarna motorcycles was bought by Cagiva MV Agusta in 1987 - plans were set to relocate to Italy by 1988. The core Husqvarna development team chose to rather remain in Sweden - breaking away and launching ‘Husaberg’ in 1988.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, dtr20 said:

I bit the bullet and picked her up today. This is my old bike that I traded in next to the Guzzi.

Congrats on the new iron, from an old biker.  :emotion-21:  B)

You live in Massachusetts, it gets cold there according to all the newspaper accounts.  What the heck are you doing with a naked bike?  At the very least you'll need a windshield, probably some saddle bags.

I bet that engine design keeps the heat in cold weather riding.