Klipsch Palladium or RF-7 III

Shimei

21 minutes ago, LarryC said:

It's been a long time since I heard the Palladiums, the P-38 and P-39, both in Indy, but I thought both had a much higher class of sound than the RF series, not nearly as thin sounding.  Like all Klipsch, electronics quality can make a big difference.  I don't know the Emotiva brand, but the P's would likely benefit from a better unit than Onkyos.  They are best heard over a high grade of preamp and amplifier and would benefit from an pre/amp upgrade rather than compromising on those items.  Obviously pushing your price up, not down..

The P's in Indy were demo'd over different quality electronics in two different years, and really suffered from the Onkyo-based demo the second year, IMHO of course.

-- Larry

I believe those P38s are currently in my living room, along with a P312. The Klipsch engineer even mentioned Emotiva as a quality amp that is priced well, that was 10 years ago.

59 minutes ago, LarryC said:

My sense of it was that they were very expensive for the market and took up too much square footage for dealers to want to carry them, especially as a new line.  Add to that traveling to actually hear them (often hundreds of miles!) took real dedication to go hear them.  Klipsch has the same problems with trying to sell K-horns and those are much closer to a product that is ready to sell itself.  

-- Larry

I believe Klipsch has the same problem with most of their line especially the Heritage. Big money to buy a speaker you've never heard that is big and heavy. Thankfully I was able to everything before I purchased my Forte IIIs recently. 

42 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I believe those P38s are currently in my living room, along with a P312. The Klipsch engineer even mentioned Emotiva as a quality amp that is priced well, that was 10 years ago.

Emotiva does make high quality amps, they flagship line is made in the USA too.

On 3/7/2019 at 12:29 PM, Shimei said:

Don't know if comparisons are aloud here but I'm looking at Tekton Double Impacts: https://www.tektondesign.com/double-impact.html

Your thoughts?

I heard the Double Impacts at the 2018 Lone Star Audiofest and thought they sounded great.  The exception was that the bass was boomy.  Of course, these shows are held in hotels and those small hotels rooms probably don't do well regarding acoustics.  I've rarely heard anything that I've been truly impressed with at these shows.

20180505-171413b.jpg

I find those Palladiums sexy looking. I would imagine they sound much different than any Heritage line, I mean just look at the design of the cabinet. I wish they were still available. Do you know if Klipsch is coming out with new Forte's in 2021? I heard they were but don't know if it's true. I ask b/c I have a GREAT deal on a Forte III with streamer, power conditioner, cables, interconnects for 4500. It works out to be like 30% off the Forte or you can look at it another way and think, it the price of the Forte plus speaker cables and everything else is free. But if the company is coming out with a new model perhaps I will wait.

• 2 months later...
On 12/30/2020 at 12:51 AM, Mars1 said:

I find those Palladiums sexy looking. I would imagine they sound much different than any Heritage line, I mean just look at the design of the cabinet. I wish they were still available. Do you know if Klipsch is coming out with new Forte's in 2021? I heard they were but don't know if it's true. I ask b/c I have a GREAT deal on a Forte III with streamer, power conditioner, cables, interconnects for 4500. It works out to be like 30% off the Forte or you can look at it another way and think, it the price of the Forte plus speaker cables and everything else is free. But if the company is coming out with a new model perhaps I will wait.

Did you wait for the Forte IV?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2021 at 4:59 PM, Ceptorman said:

Did you wait for the Forte IV?

Yes, I waited for the Forte IV. I haven't demoed them yet. But my budget may have changed a bit. and I may get a more budget friendly speaker such as: Elac Carnia 247.4 floors, Wharfedale EVO 4.4 floors,  JBL Sudio 580, or maybe even the Elac Navis active speakers.

Not really sure. Financially I can swing the IVs but I need to sacrifice adding some active speaker setups in a few rooms of the house  - which is kind of a big deal because I currently do not have one speaker active or passive in the house, and I do want to have something elsewhere. Also, if I get the IV's, I am going to have to sacrifice a complete upgrade of my front end gear. 

If I go for a less expensive speaker, I can upgrade my front end without a problem....and at least when I am ready to upgrade for a better speaker like the IVs, I'll have a better front end that I could pair with the IV's at a later time.

Stay well