KG-4 vs Heresy

justin_tx_16

Justin,

I've owned both Heresy and kg4 (actually I sitl own 2 pair of kg4s) and both are excellent speakers. You can't go wrong either way....

One point that might dictate which direction you might go is the location you intend to put the speakers. I find that because of the passive radiator of the kg4, giving it it's bass advantage of the Heresy, it usually has to be placed further from a wall to sound "right."

I had to place my kg4s about 3-4 ft. from the wall to help the imaging and bass, whereas I don't recall having to do that with the Heresy. My guess is the passive bass radiator nature of the kg4 needs breathing room from the wall.

Just my $.02

- tb

Justin,

Bummer!

How much do you have to spend on an amp?

I'm suprised that the Pioneer checked out that soon. I always liked their stuff but it was middle of the road Equipment, their cheaper stuff and rack systems never really impressed me, just seemed cheap.

Check the demo/return tables at Circuit City/ Best Buy/ and don't forget Sears. You can find some deals if your looking for middle of the road stuff, if a little use on it isn't a problem.

EJ

• 17 years later...

I had (have) Yamaha RXV 471.  Just bought RXV 685 on sale July4.  Got pair Heresy #71,297,### and #86,663,###.  ‘84 and ‘94 est???    Got 7.1 7.2 chnl amp. Know nothing.   Got a chance on 86 model kg 4s.  What might work.  Add subwoofer or kg 4 for bass?   Just old 66 yr old dude wanting to have cool stuff sort of when kids come home.  Not the best.  Just rock and sound good.  Any ideas or suggestions?