Home Theater Setup - 17 x 12.- Help Needed

hunkyn

Looking for some recommendations for my HT setup. Thinking of doing 5.2.2 for my HT and have decided on the following equipment. Wanted to see if this is going to be too big for my room and where would be the best setup for the speakers (esp the surrounds).

Speakers (All Klipsch):

RP-600FA
RP-504C
RP-502S
R-115SW (Front and Rear)

Receiver:

Denon AVR-X4400H

Ceilings are vaulted and I am concerned up firing speakers may not be effective and might had two more in the ceiling at a later time. Any help in this regards is greatly appreciated.

Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 3.31.36 PM.png

Edited by hunkyn

@hunkyn,

Welcome to the forum.

Looks like a very nice setup for your room, definitely not too big.

6 hours ago, hunkyn said:

For sub woofer is R-115SW better or SPL-120?  I am also re-thinking if I should go for 5.2.2 or 5.1.4? 

R-115SWs all the way.

Bill

1 hour ago, willland said:

Not sure about that, have not explored Atmos yet.

Bill

Thanks. I am thinking two subwoofers might be a overkill for my room and might go with 2 in ceiling Atmos to make it a better experience.

14 minutes ago, hunkyn said:

Thanks. I am thinking two subwoofers might be a overkill for my room and might go with 2 in ceiling Atmos to make it a better experience.

"Overkill", what's that?   Twins subs all the way.  If "overkill", turn down the volume a bit.

Bill

FWIW I do not have an atmos setup yet . But have been researching extensively and going with 4 atmos speakers seems to be the clear choice. Of course I would recommend 5.2.4  . Maybe just save the 2nd Sub for last if you must.

@hunkynMessage @MetropolisLakeOutfitters  he is an authorized dealer and from what I

understand has great prices .

5 minutes ago, Gnote said:

FWIW I do not have an atmos setup yet . But have been researching extensively and going with 4 atmos speakers seems to be the clear choice. Of course I would recommend 5.2.4  . Maybe just save the 2nd Sub for last if you must.

@hunkynMessage @MetropolisLakeOutfitters  he is an authorized dealer and from what I

understand has great prices .

Thanks @Gnote. Yes I reached out to Cory and also reached out to few of the authorized dealers and see who can give me the best price. I am thinking of 5.1.4 to keep in budget for now and I will add another sub in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the delivery for speakers today. Receiver is coming Monday. Can't wait to plug all of this and see how it works. Anything i should be aware of when connecting besides use of banana plugs?

Speakers (All Klipsch):

RP-8060FA
RP-504C
RP-502S
SPL-150

Receiver:

Onkyo - RZ830