Does Anyone Here Collect Winchester Rifles ?

T2K

In 1974 I visited a big-box store that existed here when willey-mart was unheard of around these parts to buy a few dozen golf balls as the store was going out-of-business. I passed the firearm section after finding my balls and decided to buy a Winchester Model 94 Lever Action Rifle in 30-30 caliber. I would mention the price but you would drop your balls too. Anyway, the rifle was built before Winchester moved from, IIRC, New Haven, Connecticut and prior to the changes involving the safety mechanism and other changes. Winchester had a problem with the bluing process on the receiver during this time period and used examples of the rifle reflect this. My rifle is practically as new. Closet queen. Hasn't been shot in at least over 35 years. I have no need for the rifle. I could take it to a local dealer and sell it and another rifle from that era but I imagine it would bring little. I had much rather it go to someone who is interested in owning it. Any Winchester aficionados out there ?

Keith

That would be a nice Winchester for someone to own; not a Pre 64, but still a nice old Winchester! Hope you find it a great home!!!!!!

I collected Pre WWII Winchesters (all models, primarily Saddle Ring Carbines) and Pre WWII Colt Single Action Army revolvers for 40 years. About 6 years ago I decided it was time to liquidate the collection, so my wife and I started getting a table at some of the Major Gun Shows every year and sold off the collection. However, I did keep a couple, just for old times sake! 😂

I don't but my 89 year old dad has been an avid collector of Winchester lever action rifles and Colt civil war and post civil war single action revolvers for the last 55 years or so.  He is very well respected in the antique gun collecting community and travels to these shows all over the country.  When Hank Williams Jr. wants to buy a Colt, he calls my dad.

Bill

• Like 2

13 hours ago, willland said:

I don't but my 89 year old dad has been an avid collector of Winchester lever action rifles and Colt civil war and post civil war single action revolvers for the last 55 years or so.  He is very well respected in the antique gun collecting community and travels to these shows all over the country.  When Hank Williams Jr. wants to buy a Colt, he calls my dad.

Bill

I'm curious, so this is a SWAG;  is your Dad's first name Bob and lives in Georgia?

1 minute ago, willland said:

Seriously, that's my dad.

Bill

Cool, then I've known your Dad through Gun Shows for many years. He always stops by our table and talks to me and my wife (looks at my stuff, too 😂) and of course I always stop by his tables (plural)!!!!!!!!

Too bad the Klipsch Pilgrimage is the same weekend as the Spring TGCA show. I guess you'll be going to Hope and he'll be going to Waco! 😂 If so, I'll see him there! :emotion-21:

2 minutes ago, Buck115 said:

Cool, then I've known your Dad through Gun Shows for many years. He always stops by our table and talks to me and my wife (looks at my stuff, too 😂) and of course I always stop by his tables (plural)!!!!!!!!

Too bad the Klipsch Pilgrimage is the same weekend as the Spring TGCA show. I guess you'll be going to Hope and he'll be going to Waco! 😂 If so, I'll see him there! :emotion-21:

Yep, he still drives to most of the shows at his young 89 years old.  It does take a bit of a toll on him these days.

He usually tries to get a horseshoe set of tables for optimum exposure.

I think he still goes to the Waco, Tulsa, Denver, and Cody shows most years.  I won't be at the pilgrimage this year, have not made it happen yet.

Bill

3 hours ago, willland said:

Yep, he still drives to most of the shows at his young 89 years old.  It does take a bit of a toll on him these days.

He usually tries to get a horseshoe set of tables for optimum exposure.

I think he still goes to the Waco, Tulsa, Denver, and Cody shows most years.  I won't be at the pilgrimage this year, have not made it happen yet.

Bill

Honestly, I didn't know he was 89; he's still trucking pretty good at that ripe old age!!!!!! We haven't been to Cody in a while, but we see him every year at the TGCA shows and Denver and I think he makes the CCA shows too! If he makes it to Waco in April, I'll have to give him an extra hard time! 😂

2 hours ago, USNRET said:

If Carl passes I would be interested. As a child we (Dad and I) carried .30-.30s on our horses on the ranch. When he passed away in N.Y. the guns disappeared. Love to get one back.

Trying to line it out for Anthony.

Having a hard time physically right now Carl. My vision & distances have gone to heck. Driving now restricted. I listed my 2012 Buick on Kragslists on the spur of the moment Thursday night (12,522 mi) at 9:35Pm. Saturday morning there were 6 people that wanted to see it Saturday. First guy bought it, paid cash. Everybody likes a 2" stack of hundreds. Give me a few days and I'll get back to you.

Keith

I used to have a 30.30 model 94 lever action, model 101 12 gauge over and under shotgun, 30.06 lightweight bolt action rifle, .225 heavy barrel with Unertl 15 power scope, 264 magnum with custom stock, model 94 gold plated 30.30's with octagon barrel's---one short and one long. Sold them all and didn't get rich.

JJK

3 hours ago, T2K said:

Having a hard time physically right now Carl. My vision & distances have gone to heck. Driving now restricted. I listed my 2012 Buick on Kragslists on the spur of the moment Thursday night (12,522 mi) at 9:35Pm. Saturday morning there were 6 people that wanted to see it Saturday. First guy bought it, paid cash. Everybody likes a 2" stack of hundreds. Give me a few days and I'll get back to you.

Keith

Health first Keith.  If it happens it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't.  Absolutely no problems and I totally understand. 

God Bless.