Belles, they look fantastic. St. Augustine, FL $2,850

Oicu812

28 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Those aren't yours are they?  I know they are listed in Alerts! but you didn't use the 'No affiliation" disclaimer.

No, they aren't mine.  I thought that placing found items in the Alerts sub folder already implied that fact.  Things you have found during your internet travels are posted here.  If I put a listing directly in Garage Sale, it has the implication that the items are for sale by me. 

I would not be selling a set of Belles.  I would be selling off things to BUY the set.  Anyone need a wife?  Low mileage!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Oicu812 said:

No, they aren't mine.  I thought that placing found items in the Alerts sub folder already implied that fact. 

LOL!  OK, OK, I'm just trying make sure we're clear and we will still be friends after I post the average price for Belles which is $1939.  I think of Belles in good shape being worth closer to $1850 but the data disagrees with my feelings.

I saw that Belle ad last week and he's already figured out that at $3000 there were no takers, which I assume why he's now lowered the price to $2850.  Even though those are nice, there are other nice ones out there that aren't overpriced by $1000.  You can get some nice Khorns for $2200.

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

LOL!  OK, OK, I'm just trying make sure we're clear and we will still be friends after I post the average price for Belles which is $1939.  I think of Belles in good shape being worth closer to $1850 but the data disagrees with my feelings.

I saw that Belle ad last week and he's already figured out that at $3000 there were no takers, which I assume why he's now lowered the price to $2850.  Even though those are nice, there are other nice ones out there that aren't overpriced by $1000.  You can get some nice Khorns for $2200.

I thought that they were pretty, and I haven't been actively researching Belles for a purchase.  So I posted them here, if nothing other than having people looking at the pics.  *<;o)

I could have posted the set of Klipschorns where the guy is asking $15k!    🤑

I need around $2k for a good pair of La Scala.  Now taking bids, starting price of 2 grand.  She's a good wife, takes the trash out to the curb.

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

You can get some nice Khorns for $2200

Yeah, but a lot more Khorns out there than Belles.  Wouldn't supply and demand principles be the same?    Plus I don't need solid corners for Belles.  Me personally, I would have to have perfect corners for me to even consider spending $2200 on Khorns, but if the cash was there,  I wouldn't mind spending the $2800 on Belles. That could be just me.

@wvu80 out of curiosity, do you take supply on the market into your pricing guide.  How about location?

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Yeah, but a lot more Khorns out there than Belles.  Wouldn't supply and demand principles be the same?    Plus I don't need solid corners for Belles.  Me personally, I would have to have perfect corners for me to even consider spending $2200 on Khorns, but if the cash was there,  I wouldn't mind spending the $2800 on Belles. That could be just me.

@wvu80 out of curiosity, do you take supply on the market into your pricing guide.  How about location?

Maybe the guy is simply catfishing.  I bet if you offered him $1,800 and show him your history of sales, he might meet you at $2k, maybe $2.2k.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Yeah, but a lot more Khorns out there than Belles.

out of curiosity, do you take supply on the market into your pricing guide.  How about location?

I have over 50 Belle sales recorded.  I have even more Khorns, so many that I've divided them up into Good Condition, and Avg/Poor to get a better average.

As to location, I do track that.  It's hard to track supply/demand but there are areas of the country where people have provided me feed back so I have a sense of where prices are high and low.  For sure Texas and California have higher prices, Chicago area and central Florida seem to have more supply and therefore lower prices, deals are out there.

Run your mouse over any cell with a red triangle.  You can see my detailed notes on location, condition, etc.

Klipsch Heritage used prices ver 2019-02.xlsx

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Oicu812 said:

Maybe the guy is simply catfishing.  I bet if you offered him $1,800 and show him your history of sales, he might meet you at $2k, maybe $2.2k.

You never know.  Some people have very strong emotional attachments to their Klipsch speakers and are insulted if you don't agree their half-century old Heresy's aren't worth $5000.  Some people don't know what their speakers are worth.  Some Sellers are Flippers looking to make a quick buck.  A LOT of people base their asking price on Ebay ASKING prices, which are almost always ridiculously overpriced.

There are all kinds.  I don't judge.  B)

9 hours ago, Oicu812 said:

I would not be selling a set of Belles.  I would be selling off things to BUY the set.  Anyone need a wife?  Low mileage!

I have a great pair of Belle that I am not using or listening to, at this moment. We MIGHT be able to work out a temporary trade (I will want the Belle back). We can trade pics by PM. 

😎

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I have a great pair of Belle that I am not using or listening to, at this moment. We MIGHT be able to work out a temporary trade (I will want the Belle back). We can trade pics by PM. 

😎

I wish we were closer, I would love to be able to take you up on that. 

This is an extremely nice offer!

I think it's highly disrespectful and a grave disservice to post value of anything here that hasn't been visually inspected. Possibly killing the guys sell here by placing value sight unseen. I sold my 2012 Buick Lacrosse Touring yesterday. Six responses wanted to SEE the car in less than 12 hours. Listed it as GARAGE QUEEN,12,522 miles. Condition as delivered. Private Party sale $13,316. The first guy that saw it, drove it, pulled out cash and paid for it. Mileage added $2515. In your comments here in the past my car would have been an outlier and you would have dismissed it from your averages. I think you are doing a disservice to sellers by commenting here without request and without actually seeing the speakers listed and knowing condition personally. Should someone ask, great. You do whatever it is that you want to do.

Keith

1 hour ago, T2K said:

I think it's highly disrespectful and a grave disservice to post value of anything here that hasn't been visually inspected.

I totally agree, but a couple of pictures and a lot of experience goes a long way. Also, I have knobs that lets me listen to what I want and how loud I want it to be. With a wife, she has the knobs and controls what I hear and the volume that I hear it.   

46 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I totally agree, but a couple of pictures and a lot of experience goes a long way. Also, I have knobs that lets me listen to what I want and how loud I want it to be. With a wife, she has the knobs and controls what I hear and the volume that I hear it.   

Buick Dealer saw it, offered $3800 less. Variables.

Keith

• Like 1