Mr. Weiner's Null Tester for wires

ClaudeJ1

This and a real A/B/X tester like A/B/X Corp used to make would go a LONG WAY sifting through BS. Imagine testing 2 cables on this Null tester first and the result is the difference is 80 dB down. Then put the 2 cables on the A/B/X tester and listen for the "difference". It doesn't even have to be a blind test, just tell me you can hear a difference.

14 hours ago, JohnA said:

LOL!  "No matter what the vendor tells you, ............"

I wonder if we can get him to test the orientation of the outer foil in capacitors?  Bwwaaaahh Haa Haa!!!

Or capacitor selection & evaluation :)

I remember reading about null tests done by engineers who designed one of the large analog mixing consoles that were used in recording studios at that time. The engineers looped a signal from a channel output to another channel input, then ran the null test on the second channel's output. They looped over a dozen channels in series before artifacts could be heard. I don't remember exactly how many opamps  and discrete components were in each channel strip, but there were quite a few.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 2:28 PM, babadono said:

Is he going to market these?

Apparently, but not in volume, I suspect. Very few people want to spend money to know the TRUTH. It's cheaper and easier to stubbornly dig your heels in and promote your false belief system.

• Like 4