The "Russian Guy" is now putting out... (Badges)

Oicu812

...the newer style LaScala and Forte badges, plus the PWK Quarter Pie (Not sure if that is what they are called).  I think they look good.  The PWK is milled out of brass, and the LaScala and Forte are machined out of aluminum.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/grossbjorn/m.html?item=143143190408&ul_noapp=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

• Moderators

The first badges posted are designed wrong, the V only has one side in it cut out, the left side, not both sides of the V, he didn't pay attention when copying.

I have done hundreds of things with the pie logo on it, got alot of practice. 

How it should look.

signs (1).jpg

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dtel said:

The first badges posted are designed wrong, the V only has one side in it cut out, the left side, not both sides of the V, he didn't pay attention when copying.

How it should look.

Can we buy the new retro emblems direct from Klipsch Dtel? 

42 minutes ago, dtel said:

How it should look.

signs (1).jpg

I've sent this picture to the guy, and told him about the V design.  I'm sure he will correct it soon.

Those look really good, though.

I deleted the photo of them on his KHorns but iirc he had a custom top so maybe that’s why they looked a bit too big but yes they look great! I want some for my KHorns, and put my silver pie badges on my Chorus II

461bf3ae61c352569bc28543e9a7bc9a.jpg

Maybe he can make these too as mine are a bit old and faded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I purchased the Cornwall badges from him a couple of months ago.

Maybe not perfect, only have seen pictures of original's to compare, so they look great on my refurbished Cornwall's.

Klipsch used these badges on their Limited Edition Cornwall III's   (The Irish Linen grill cloth looks good too too!)

cornwall badge.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JGT914 said:

This would appear to be a textbook instance of Voxx being within its rights to send a VRO infringement notice to the seller, unless there is some unstated business or licensing arrangement between design's owner and the seller.

Should Klipsch not be in any infringement from "borrowing" the name from the theater in Milan, Italy?  Uh...no. 

Klipsch only makes one badge and in buying them, you have to give serial numbers for your speakers as they don't want anyone just building something, slapping their logo on it, and calling it theirs.  But I personally see no harm in someone making badges  that allows a person with missing badges on their older speakers, that may be missing or were bought like that, to have something new and cool.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Max2 said:

Can we buy the new retro emblems direct from Klipsch Dtel? 

I have no idea, but I wouldn't think so, they hardly even have shirts and things like that, we offered to help, never ever heard back.

That mirror was for Rodney where we have the pilgrimages, they never said anything. 

Also gave him this mirror....below...they are both hanging up in the clubhouse.

1 hour ago, Oicu812 said:

I've sent this picture to the guy, and told him about the V design.  I'm sure he will correct it soon.

Good, no reason to have them wrong if he is going to make them anyway.

signs (2)-1.jpg

• Like 1

Any potential copyright issues aside, couldn't one just 3D print something like this yourself, assuming you knew the font, and could play around with an STL file to get the dimensions correctly? If your community has a decent makerspace with the 3D printer - I'd imagine the cost would be fairly low.

Addendum---took a look at the ebay listing and the guy is using a CNC router and aluminum. 3D printed would be ABS plastic. At either rate, whichever machine you used, I can't imagine the actual cost would be more than $5, assuming you had the STL / computer file.

17 hours ago, dtel said:

I have no idea, but I wouldn't think so, they hardly even have shirts and things like that, we offered to help, never ever heard back.

That's what I was expecting.   That's too bad as I even have PWK's signature inside both my Top hats.   Kind of a shame the owners of the old dated speakers are having to rely on a man in Russia just to honor and complete the beauty of PWK's designs with a badge.   Back in the late 90's, a nice lady that worked there sent me two badges free of charge for my two old Belle's, she just simply confirmed my serial numbers. Now they wont even take your money?