The "Russian Guy" is now putting out... (Badges)

Oicu812

19 hours ago, dtel said:

The first badges posted are designed wrong, the V only has one side in it cut out, the left side, not both sides of the V, he didn't pay attention when copying.

I have done hundreds of things with the pie logo on it, got a lot of practice. 

The ebay V is correct for vintage pie logos.

• Moderators
On 3/1/2019 at 10:46 AM, mungkiman said:

The ebay V is correct for vintage pie logos.

I have never seen those even in the museum and there are many there. 

Sorry, I had no idea, will be there next week will get with Jim and find out when it was changed. I have seen the solid design, no inset but not that one.

This guy will make anything you want if you can get him a clear picture. My father had a friend design him badges for his chorus II speakers. I sent the guy the rendering and he made the badges.cb9fbebf28c0193b3d5313615c2aef1b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

This guy will make anything you want if you can get him a clear picture. My father had a friend design him badges for his chorus II speakers. I sent the guy the rendering and he made the badges.cb9fbebf28c0193b3d5313615c2aef1b.jpg

Wow! Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Moderators

I got to see Jim Hunter this week, I asked about the pie logo with both sides inset like in the pictures. he said he does not remember that at all but he will look into it, as far as he knew it has always been on the left side only. We will see what he comes up with?

I got to see Jim Hunter this week, I asked about the pie logo with both sides inset like in the pictures. he said he does not remember that at all but he will look into it, as far as he knew it has always been on the left side only. We will see what he comes up with?

The guy that said it was correct from his 68s, my 76s also have the same badge and now wuzzers new HEresy IIIs somehow have that same silver badge with both sides of the V. Looks like the same exact silver and black badge but new on Heresy IIIs which I’ve never seen. Would love to know if Klipsch is selling these again.

EDIT: just looked at wuzzzer’s HIIIs and his have only half of the V cut out like you mentioned. I have seen others like mine and the others above with both cut out though. Either way, I’d like a pair of those new silver pie badges!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2019 at 5:40 PM, dtr20 said:

Nice, how Much were the Chorus II badges?  I could use a set of those and Forte II badges. 

On 3/10/2019 at 10:55 PM, dtel said:

Interesting.  I'm the 2nd owner of my horns and the first owner says they are original.

None of the following are mine, but I found these instances of the non-filled pie sides:

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649265610-klipschorn-speakers-circa-1960-with-rare-klipsch-emblem-excellent-all-original/

Here are some Cornwalls:

logos.jpg

And a K-55:

klipschorn_129.JPG

And this:

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2019 at 2:39 PM, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Let us know how these turn out.  I have them saved in my watch list. 

OK.....I am not expecting too much but might be surprised. I am planning to attend the Klipsch Pilgrimage and might find some originals there.

1 hour ago, Mopardamo said:

I’m disappointed in Klipsch not providing badges and/or directing folks to a source. We care about the equipment and want to keep it nice.  I understand they have gone after companies that have made replicas to fill our need. 

So trademarks and copyrights are a waste of money because anyone should be able to sell knock offs? Relating it to golf, most manufacturers have a legal team dedicated to shutting down the companies that copy their equipment. In some cases the knock offs are so good the company honors the warranty only to find the defective club is a $20 copy. When they cut the heads open they find a cheap cast knock off. Karsten manufacturing has to be the most copied equipment in the world. Besides the companies mass producing junk they have to deal with other manufacturers taking Mr. Solheim's putter and club designs. Scotty Cameron has to be one of the most prolific, he has copied almost every design by Karsten and made a fortune doing it. Most infringements are ducked by making the tiniest variation possible, some companies choose not to pursue it because of the legal fees involved. AND as soon as they shut down onw plant, 20 more pop up

Mark