Question

leoslocker04

Newbie here with the first of many questions to come, I use 2 KSW 10 subs for my home theater / music room and one is starting to crackle from the bass. I have played with the controls to find a sweet spot and not satisfied between the movies and music, the front main sf 2s work like they should but lack bass so my two options are either replace the 2 speakers or buy 2 new subwoofers. I looked online to find replacements with no luck and would like to replace both to equal them.

Thanks in advance for suggestions

Any suggestions?

Has anyone replaced the speaker in their subwoofer?

Edited by leoslocker04
no replys

Hi Leo!

Im no expert here aswell, and I don't really know if speaker quality have had any big revolutions these past 20yrs. But your speakers are quite old and so are your subs. If one of the subs are starting to make crackling-noise, its probably the foam membrane thats had a crack. Check under the sub and see for yourself, i might be wrong. But thats an easy fix. Other than that, it would seem that your sf2 is working fine apart from your want of more "umpf" from the woofers. That is easily adjustable with the bass-knob on your receiver/amp. Make sure tone defeat is turned off when using treble, bass, loudness - knobs. 

I myself see no apparent reason to do anything with the system you already got, unless of course you feel a need to upgrade, which is fine of course. I'd recommend going to hifi stores and try to see if you could test other klipsch speaker that you might have your eyes on.