Not sure

Fxrs

Hi there u all have a simple question and probably been answered, but spending around 15 hundred on a pair of speakers next few weeks but which Klipsch speakers would be the best in that range? I be listening to 2 Channel music rock classic, don't care about surround sound. I bought it pair of kg 4 the  late 80s which I loved and a pair of kg 5.2 but all are wasted now. So any pros rp and any suggestions I appreciate it thank you so much great day Damon

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Fxrs said:

Hi there u all have a simple question and probably been answered, but spending around 15 hundred on a pair of speakers next few weeks but which Klipsch speakers would be the best in that range? I be listening to 2 Channel music rock classic, don't care about surround sound. I bought it pair of kg 4 the  late 80s which I loved and a pair of kg 5.2 but all are wasted now. So any pros rp and any suggestions I appreciate it thank you so much great day Damon

You have a good one there Damon and welcome to the forum. Now the fun begins. Forte 1&2 Chorus 1&2 LaScala I&2, and they will let you knpw. Do you have something to power them with? Enjoy

28 minutes ago, billybob said:

You have a good one there Damon and welcome to the forum. Now the fun begins. Forte 1&2 Chorus 1&2 LaScala I&2, and they will let you knpw. Do you have something to power them with? Enjoy

Those are all good choices. I would include a Cornwall also. If you go the La Scala route, you might want to supplement it with a subwoofer (it does not need to be super model, rather just to help out a bit). 

At a budget of 1500, there is quite a bit you can do and still leave cash in your hands. The La Scala will be the most expensive of the suggestions (assuming purchasing used).

It should be a fun experience. They all sound good, but each brings some differences. It is really a matter of taste at this point - there are no wrong answers. 

Good Luck

• Like 2

Tell us more about your current setup and how you like to listen to your music (low levels or very loud?). How large is your room? Do you like a lot of bass?  What kind of foot print do you have room for,  a 24"x24"x36" speaker like a La Scala? Speakers like Chorus & forte's  with a passive radiator in the back need space away from the wall. An example in my case I would love to try Cornwall's or La Scala's but I can not go more than  ~18" wide speakers just because of available floor space.

I'm sorry you all must have missed understood but I have a total of $1,500 that's not going to buy me any heritage speakers. I have a nad amp from the late 80s and and I like music loud. I'm getting old and hearing is to if neighbors ain't complaining it's not loud enough. Best I self with is the rp8000. Thank u all again and u think living in Indiana that there would be someone better to listen to Klipsch speakers and then Best Buy come on. Good day my friends Rock on,

Damon

So you're only considering brand new speakers? 

The used speaker recommendations from the other members are very good suggestions considering your budget. You'll get a much better speaker if you buy used than if you buy new.

$1500 would easily get you a pair of KLF-30's which would absolutely blow away rp8000 if your goal is to get as loud as possible.