DBX DriveRack PA

Dave A

Anyone with any idea how good these are? Bought a rack full of gear and this was in there. The SLV guy at tha sale claimed these would do active crossovers time alligning and other things as well. It is two in and six out. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rockhound said:

Good xover my son has the newer + version which has a RTA mic to help with setup. Does yours have a spot to plug in a RTA mic?

RTA-M

I will have to look. It came with a shopping cart full of gear yesterday. Bought an old HIE HSM with fiberglass and trim, 1 Crown xls602, 2 furman power conditioners,  1 Macrotech 1200, 1 Yamaha P-2500S, 1 DBX drive rack PA, 2 DBX 215 equalizers and a bunch of hookup things to go with it good only for connector salvage.

I see the microphone setup in your link and that looks very interesting and potentially easier then REW and UMike. Any thoughts on that?

Just now, rockhound said:

If you decide you want to give it a try and don't want to buy the mic I can send you mine and you can use it then send it back when your done.

I might do that although the new ones are $100 and if I got it could just sell it on with the unit if I don't like it. It looks like a simpler system than REW and UMike and xilica but I don't know how the two compare to each other for final quality of sound and this is important.

I am very familiar with the Driverack 260.  I programmed it several times and ran it in our church.  Honestly it is not as user friendly and does not sound as good as the AShly Protea processors which I was using at home at the time and is nowhere near as good as the Xilica processors.  I would rate them better than the Behrenger's which are budget units.  The Driverack does have all the features you need to control crossover, gain, delay, various types of EQ, feedback suppression and compression.  I would also say it is a pretty tough unit and road worthy.  You can do way better for an audiophile system in a home environment.

• Like 1