I Retired Yesterday!

kevinmi

On 3/2/2019 at 3:28 PM, kevinmi said:

I finally said good bye to General Motors after 24 years. I've had 5 surgeries in the last 8 years, and my body just can't take building trucks anymore. Probably the scariest thing I've ever done, but I did it.

I'm 63, so with my pension and SS, I should be fine. Besides, my wife works full time also. I'll probably have to cut back on buying vintage tubes and speakers.....

Congratulations......did the same thing a little over a year ago......You will be fine

George

I can't wait to retire. So happy for you. I can get out in 2023 at 60 years old. Ive been working the same job for 35 years so I'm sure I will be ready working shift work the whole time. I will have to do something to keep from going crazy! Good luck. 

Wellllllll, it's Wednesday...  Anything to report?  😂 😂 😂  My standard answer when I walked was:  "I've found out you can get two sammiches out of a can of cat food.  Slice it and BOOM!!!   Just don't over heat it or it turns to mush!   Lotsa ketchup and mustard w/that pickle on top and I'm good to go!"  Enjoy it brother!  :)

14 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

1337 days to go.  Yes, I have it on my calendar and look at it every day.

Don't wish time away. It's  something you can't ever get back.

Edited by NADman

3 minutes ago, NADman said:

Don't wish time away. It's the only thing you can't ever get back.

There are lots of things I can't get back besides time.  I can't get my parents back.  Can't get my hair back.  Can't get my good knees back.  I'm also not wishing my time away rather looking forward to the day that I can use my time doing things other than working.

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 5:11 PM, CECAA850 said:

There are lots of things I can't get back besides time.  I can't get my parents back.  Can't get my hair back.  Can't get my good knees back.  I'm also not wishing my time away rather looking forward to the day that I can use my time doing things other than working.

Now it's

Time the avenger...

I "totally retired" back on 30 November 2018...last day at a job where I worked for somebody/something else.  I was lucky enough to actually end up MORE financially-comfortable, than I have ever been while working a job...have no debt to drag me down (at the moment) and actually enjoy not setting the alarm clock anymore.  I am currently looking around to figure out where I will build my "retirement home"....so far nothing is locked-in yet.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, pallpoul said:

I look forward for my ideal retirement, that would be working only 40 hours/week. 

I tried to cut back to 4 days a week this year  Told my boss that he could cut my pay and vacation days by 20%.  I even made a spread sheet showing him how much money the store would save by the cuts in expenses.  He wouldn't go for it.

25 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I tried to cut back to 4 days a week this year  Told my boss that he could cut my pay and vacation days by 20%.  I even made a spread sheet showing him how much money the store would save by the cuts in expenses.  He wouldn't go for it.

Did he say something like "this is Texas boy, take them communist ideas someplace else":)