I Retired Yesterday!

kevinmi

19 minutes ago, babadono said:

Did he say something like "this is Texas boy, take them communist ideas someplace else":)

Actually he thought production would fall off BUT he was tempted by my offer.  It took him almost 3 weeks to give me an answer after I submitted my proposal.  I told my wife "to heck with him, I'll just stay and take his money".;)

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Sounds like one and the same.

I suppose technically yes but no one thinks of him as a manager.  There are department heads which are considered managers here.  Our only boss is the owner.  I guess he manages the managers but we all refer to him as the owner or dealer principal. 

Please, let's get into even finer points of technicality.  Guess who else is an owner and yet a terrible manager?  One can own a commercial entity and be an ineffectual manager, and even self promote to get a higher position despite a proven record of incompetence.  It is called the "peter principle" and is far more rampant than it should be.

• Like 1

Congratulations Kevinmi. You're gonna love it. I'm not sure that most people understand what retirement is really like. If you think about it, most peoples lives revolve around their jobs. Everything is scheduled around the job. Our jobs control our lives. Retirement means that all of your time is free. It just takes preparation, as Coytee said, and taking care of yourself. I worked all the time for 36 years so retirement is like NOT getting kicked in the testicles every day. Prepare yourself and be greedy, get all of it that you can. These retirement years have been the best years of my life.

Keith

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Indeed.

1309 days and counting.

Pretty sure I will be laid off before that. I am caring less and less with each passing day. I can file for SS in 2  1/2 years, that will be game over for me.

8 minutes ago, RT FAN said:

I am caring less and less with each passing day.

Burn out is a real thing.  I've had the same job for 21 years and it's hard to get excited anymore.  I do my best to do a good job everyday but the thrill is gone.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Burn out is a real thing.  I've had the same job for 21 years and it's hard to get excited anymore.  I do my best to do a good job everyday but the thrill is gone.

We have more than love of Klipsch speakers in common.