Extraordinary sound and imagery

Mallette

Pretty cold in there! However, the effects are pretty awesome and the sound plus imagery totally immersive. This is to be a pretty amazing event. I'l post links to the FB and YouTube streams when I get them. Acoustics are incredible and the 8 channels plus massive EV sub  really fill the place. BTW, the PA speakers that flank the proscenium are freshly installed Klipsch! They sound great. Video is just cell phone video, but gives you an idea.

Dave

TXK02.jpg

TXK01.jpg

• Like 3

No, they face towards the grey box in the center. There are pedals there that guests can use to influence the light shows. For those with Facebook access the building page is at https://www.facebook.com/ArkansasMunicipalAuditorium/. It's quite a famous building, especially in Europe. If you don't have FB access you can get some historic information at scottymoore.net under "venues." Scotty was Elvis drummer. 

We are actually "floating" ten feet above the stage as a floor was poured to house offices in a very ill advised move about 30 years ago. We hope to get that removed at some point but are getting the building back on line as is for the moment. Acoustics are to die for. I am on the AMA Commission and my Regional Music Heritage Center is bringing early rock back to the building late this  month, as shown on the FB page.

Picture is from the "stage," now at the mezzanine level, while the Klipsch were being installed.

Dave

Chairs02sml.png

Alrighty, heres the Finale and at least a vague idea of the experience. Certainly the 200 pound EV sub and 8 channels of sound experienced inside the circle won't really carry, but grab a bong or whatever and crank it on some decent speakers and really LISTEN. The fundamental and frequencies generated by the repetition speeds create textures and a sound field unlike anything ever heard outside a Cat 5 hurricane...  

Dave