Different sized Klipsch subwoofers

RNJOKER

Hi everyone!  I’ve been going trough different forums and I’ve been unable to find the answer.  I recently bought a Klipsch r-115sw.  I’d like to use 2 subs but I cannot afford a 2nd 115sw.  I currently am using a r-120sw with the 115sw.  Am I able to use these two different sized subwoofers together since they are both Klipsch?  Or will it mess up the sound of the bass since they have different frequencies?

thanks for your responses 

The only way to know is to experiment.  I once used 5 subwoofers in my main HT rig.  A pair of RT-10ds, a single RSW-10d, a Revel B15, and an SVS SB13 Plus.  Clearly different sizes and brands.  It took a ton of time and trial and error to get it "right" for HT and only okay for music.

Bill

On 3/3/2019 at 7:13 AM, RNJOKER said:

Hi everyone!  I’ve been going trough different forums and I’ve been unable to find the answer.  I recently bought a Klipsch r-115sw.  I’d like to use 2 subs but I cannot afford a 2nd 115sw.  I currently am using a r-120sw with the 115sw.  Am I able to use these two different sized subwoofers together since they are both Klipsch?  Or will it mess up the sound of the bass since they have different frequencies?

thanks for your responses 

This is no issue at all.  

Blend them together, its a very simple situation for you...same brand, similar size drivers, both ported.

Willands example is much more challenging as he has sealed and ported in that setup and that makes for some challenges especially down low.  But even that can be done and done very well.

I have 4 subs and 2 mbms in one theater, with 4 more subs coming in a week or 2.  At that point i will have 10", 12", 15" and 18" drivers in both ported and sealed configs.  And it will play down flat to under 10hz and play reference levels + across all the seats with great consistency.  It does that now pretty much 😀

Subs are the one area where mixing and matching can work and work well.  Mains are much more important to match timbre.