Tannoy Westminster

Derrick

A local record store here has a pair of Tannoy Westminster’s as their house speakers. They occasionally turn them up a bit and all I can say is wow! Powerhouse speakers. Should be for 40k I guess. I wonder how they would compare to Khorns?

https://www.tannoy.com/Categories/Tannoy/PRESTIGE-GR/WESTMINSTER-ROYAL-GR-OW/p/P0DER#googtrans(en|en)

• Like 2

If I win the lottery I would buy a pair of those, khorns, and Jubilees.   Different rooms for each.  I would love to hear a pair of those. Where about is this audio store you speak of?  I think price wise,  Khorns and Jubilees would be hard to be. 

7 hours ago, Derrick said:

The Record Centre in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Cool shop. They often have live bands playing while you flip through records.

The Tannoys are on a half wall at the back of the store. They are impressive.

Are they downtown? I was in Ottawa last week and will be returning in April. Would like to check them out.

Fortunately I’ll be in YK watching at the pub across the street. Really looking forward to checking this place out. Had I known about it last week I would have made the time. Fortunately I get down to Ottawa a couple times of year and this place is now on my radar. The wife might be surprised if I return with a 2000 series Marantz instead of the couple dozen knishes and a few salamis from the Rideau Bakery that I usually bring back.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2019 at 11:28 AM, Derrick said:

They have a nice Marantz 4270 but I am not big on quads if you only really want 2 channel. Too many parts to replace and too many things to go wrong. Nice unit though

Heard the same complaints about this unit as well.