FNG checking in.

y2keglide

4 hours ago, y2keglide said:

F’n new guy🤠

Fk'ing New Guy, or should we call you the Seattle Kid? I was thinking Texas Kid with the "howdy" and cowboy imoji.

Welcome to the forum......  and once upon a time I flew up to San Diego (from Tulsa, OK) to pick-up a pair of 60's vintage K-horns with cane grills. Walnut veneer. Paid $2k, and drove them home in a minivan rental.

Get your crossovers ship shape and you'll be good for rock'n n roll'n or whatever it is you treat your ears too.

ciao'

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gilbert said:

Fk'ing New Guy, or should we call you the Seattle Kid? I was thinking Texas Kid with the "howdy" and cowboy imoji.

Welcome to the forum......  and once upon a time I flew up to San Diego (from Tulsa, OK) to pick-up a pair of 60's vintage K-horns with cane grills. Walnut veneer. Paid $2k, and drove them home in a minivan rental.

Get your crossovers ship shape and you'll be good for rock'n n roll'n or whatever it is you treat your ears too.

ciao'

No No not Seattle kid lol!  I usually avoid that city like the plague,I'm a native of Orygun actually but live way out in the sticks of SW Washington near Mt.St.Helens.

I am way out west though.

I plan to send the crossovers to Crites for a rebuild along with the original tweeters even though I bought new tweeters.

This is the view from my place.

1a1a004.thumb.jpg.478c15520ca88457dd8415002e8513e9.jpg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Welcome to the Forum.  You're gonna enjoy those immensely I'm thinkin!  Do it the right way and make them look as good as they sound!  You're in the right place to do so!  The guys in here are goooood!    :)

Well I only have to please myself as these will be keepers but I will make them look great,I do like refinishing things like this Kenwood Eleven G I'm almost done with.

Here's a few before and after pics. I got it for free not working but found it needed pre-out jacks in the back and got it working so I cleaned it (it was filthy) then sent it in for a service and new LED lights while I refinished the wood case.

001.JPG

002.JPG

006.JPG

004.JPG

003.JPG

007.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

005.JPG

Edited by y2keglide
ad pic
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, y2keglide said:

No No not Seattle kid lol!  I usually avoid that city like the plague,I'm a native of Orygun actually but live way out in the sticks of SW Washington near Mt.St.Helens.

I am way out west though.

I plan to send the crossovers to Crites for a rebuild along with the original tweeters even though I bought new tweeters.

This is the view from my place.

1a1a004.thumb.jpg.478c15520ca88457dd8415002e8513e9.jpg

Awesome pic, what a view. Is that a UFO?

8 hours ago, y2keglide said:

Well I only have to please myself as these will be keepers but I will make them look great,I do like refinishing things like this Kenwood Eleven G I'm almost done with.

Here's a few before and after pics. I got it for free not working but found it needed pre-out jacks in the back and got it working so I cleaned it (it was filthy) then sent it in for a service and new LED lights while I refinished the wood case.

001.JPG

002.JPG

006.JPG

004.JPG

003.JPG

007.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

005.JPG

Looks great, you sure brought that back to life. It's rewarding when we bring an item most people would throw away back to live again.

35 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Awesome pic, what a view. Is that a UFO?

Looks great, you sure brought that back to life. It's rewarding when we bring an item most people would throw away back to live again.

We are better known for sasquatch out here but UFOs do persist as well. That however is a UFB (unidentified flying bird).

I live on the east slope of Yacolt Mountain. https://sasquatchchronicles.com/the-yacolt-sighting/

• Like 1

22 hours ago, wvu80 said:

For 1972 Khorns in Average/poor condition the average sale price is $1433.  Considering the poor condition and blown tweeter $1200 is about the going rate.  i couldn't quite see but those crossovers don't quite look right.  For 1972 I would expect Type AA XO's, the first year they were used.

Since you are a woodworker (I'm jealous) If you do a nice restoration on the finish you can increase the value by about $600 or so.

+++

May I ask the location where you got these?  There was a pair in grey recently FS in Denver, original asking price was $1500.  I track prices and I don't want to list the same speaker twice.  Thanks!  -Dave

Type AA

007.JPG

Well after a 69 hour work week I didn't have much left in me but I did manage to get the new Crites tweeters installed tonight.
The mounting holes were a little smaller than the holes in the original tweeters and they wouldn't slide on, not sure why but they were easy enough to drill out.
After work I drove up to Kelso,Wa to pick up my Marantz 2240 after a service and new blue lights .
He has an HH Scott tube tuner/preamp and tube amp set I might buy from him to go with these K-horns,forgot what model but he said it has 28 wpc.
I'll be taking my Thorens turntable in for a tune up service and new stylus and cartridge as well if needed.
Then I'll be ready to spin some vinyl in style.

• Like 1