Grey Screen vs white screen

tigerwoodKhorns

I bought a used Stewart Firehwak screen and mounted it.  It has a grey screen.  My room has good light control (blackout shades) but is not treated.  The walls are tan / brown and the ceiling is white.  My projector is a Benq HT3050.

I do not have the projector hooked up yet.  Do you see any issues with the grey screen?

screens are usually picked to match the player...i.e the brightness of your projector provides direction as to whether a brighter or grayer screen is selected, as is how you watch i.e. always dark, lit room, etc

projectorcentral.com is a great resource

I have the Stewart Firehawk in my upstairs theater. It was initially designed and still is for better blacks and better viewing in ambient light. I also have the Stewart ISF Certified Studio Tech 130 screen fabric in my barn theater which is a white screen. I have a Epson 5040 UB on the firehawk and a Epson 3500 on the studio tech 130  The only difference is on the firehawk whites are not true white because of the gray screen. Out in the barn whites are white on the studio tech 130 The firehawk has a little more 3d pop to the picture IMO. In home integration we were stewart filmscreen dealers one of the best screens out there IMO.

Rich