Cornwall ll VS Chorus ll

Jvitti1970

I prefer the Chorus ll but they are more placement finicky...they are a very well balanced speaker with that beautiful 15" woofer...I still have Quartets which I also find a very well balanced speaker with great bass but I do miss the 15" woofer of the Chorus ll but not the real estate they took up in my application...

to me It seemed like the tremendous bass tamped down the mid for me on the Cornwall...I also realize I may be in the minority here...good luck with your choice,

Bill

• Like 2

Would love to know more too. Been dreaming about Cornwall IIIs lately but mostly for the new aesthetic whereas my Chorus II are old and ugly looking and I hate the beveled grill frame and riser. I suppose I could just build new risers and grill frames more like the forte III with straight edges since I LOVE the sound of the Chorus IIs and I still have the old stock cheap crossovers and never really driven them with real power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I can only compare Forte I, II and III against Cornwall III for you.  But it may be helpful. I too think the bass on the Cornwall obscures mid detail.  The resonance of the Cornwall cabinet is of no help either. They do have a BIG sound that Cornwall fans love, that seems to be more important than the great mids the Forte II and III have to those fans. No speaker does all things best. And people have their own personal trade-offs and preferences.  So there seems to be strong Cornwall camps vs strong Forte (and Chorus) camps. 

I have tried Ti mids on my Fortes. I do NOT like them. I DO like Ti tweeter diaphragms though. I also had Forte III, and I prefer both Forte I and Forte II over them. I rank my experience with Klipsch speakers thusly ,from best to least liked by me:

Forte II (w/ Ti tweeters)
Forte I (w/ Ti tweeters) These have the same midrange as Heresy and Cornwall, but it works better than in either of those for some reason. 
Forte III (don't like the Ti mids, but may love the Forte II with a phenolic mid diaphragm?).

Cornwall III (too much BASS, and too much resonance in the 100-120hz area).
Heresy III  (Ti mids not as much as a problem for some reason. And they blend well with my subwoofer). 
Heresy II (bass shelved down several dB mids and highs too prominent as a result, and does not blend well with my subwoofer).
Belles (talk about cabinet resonance----sheesh!).

I always have my ENTEC subwoofer in conjunction with any speakers, but I also evaluate the speakers without the subwoofer as well as with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had Cornwalls Verticals alongside Chorus IIs, and liked the Chorus IIs better. Not by a lot, but better. The Cornwall bass got sloppy (for my ears) at high volumes. Also like the Tractrix over the Cornwall's Exponential mid horn. Footprint is thinner with the Chorus II.

On 3/4/2019 at 7:27 PM, Maximus89 said:

I LOVE the sound of the Chorus IIs and I still have the old stock cheap crossovers

Same here, haven't felt a need to upgrade.

On 3/5/2019 at 5:28 AM, pzannucci said:

Klipsch should have put the mid horn from the Forte III into the Cornwall III then I bet more people would look at the Cornwall III more seriously.

Any votes for Cornwall IV?

I see it happening one day.

I think Chorus III will not happen though unfortunately, regardless of popularity.