Need help on IDing some cornwalls

DahaiTX

Could anyone help me to confirm on these cornwalls? Are they worth getting at 1K?

Here is the owner's claim:

These are the original Cornwalls, and they were “Decorator Models,” which were sold unfinished and without grill covers.

00T0T_71VWa7afouv_1200x900.jpg

00000_jnCfPipiKZ1_1200x900.jpg

00A0A_8974oYIk0ZO_1200x900.jpg

01010_1KMEQXlE87g_1200x900.jpg

3 hours ago, Budman said:

not worth the money in that condition to me

i used to have a mint condition set from 1976 that i paid $850

I am of the same opinion.

6 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

Cornwall decorators, correct.

Why does the one have a grille and extra trim?

Because they are decorators ;)  Seems they were bought separately or a project not completed.

4 hours ago, pzannucci said:

I am of the same opinion.

Because they are decorators ;)  Seems they were bought separately or a project not completed.

The current owner states he bought them from another gentleman that happened to built those custom stands. So I am guess maybe the covers were custom made as well?

Personally if I am going to get these I would most likely redo the covers and the maybe re-coat the cabinets next. I have not decided what color I want for the front of the speaker, but I'm leaning towards matte gray.

So...now the question comes down to, how much do you think I should pay assuming all the hardware works and the stands come with them?

Wait..do I even need those ugly stands?

48 minutes ago, DahaiTX said:

So...now the question comes down to, how much do you think I should pay assuming all the hardware works and the stands come with them?

I track Heritage Prices.  Cornwall I's in Good Condition average $843.  Cornwall I's in Avg/Poor Condition go for about $636.

The C1's pictured look to be Avg/Poor condition.

The Heritage Prices spreadsheet is attached if you want to do further research.  Run your mouse over any cell with a red triangle to see my detailed notes.Klipsch Heritage used prices ver 2019-02.xlsx

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pzannucci said:

Seems they were bought separately or a project not completed.

It looks to me like the naked-front box has a lighter band around its perimeter about as wide as the face trim on the other.  If I were inclined, I'd offer 500 sans the bass-killing stands.