3 Way Klipsch K-55V/K-77M from Heresy I, Cornwall & Belle. Mundorf S/O MK Woofer

John Chi-town

The Seller warns in two different places in his ad that there may be some dust in the throat of the horns. :ohmy:  

Despite Seller's assurances he will wipe the dust clean before shipping, I would be cautious.  :ph34r:

• Like 1

That seller and I chatted back and forth awhile back as I was curious as to what made these so good to substantiate their cost.  Hell, all they are is Heresy cabinets with extensions shoved in the back to add cabinet volume and M&K woofers apparently.  He had no real argument about what made his speakers special other than some cabinet volume.  He's definitely a dreamer.  I'll see if I can find the conversations and post them here.  I asked how many he sold a year and I don't think any...at least on e b a y.  I means seriously....who's going to spend that money on old cabinets that are dolled up with basically stock drivers and crossovers.

He needs to work on his grammar and spelling skills for sure based on his listing and our banter.  (see below)  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me:       Have you ever actually sold a pair of these at almost double the price of a new pair of Heresy III's which have "new" drivers that sound so much better? The K-77 tweeter kind of falls on its face after 12k. Why not use newer Crites tweeters instead. Just curious. GLWS

Him:    The tweeters in these are K77M switch that are better sounding than the K77's. They go up to 16,800HZ and beyond. They sound sweet. Read the article from Klipsch Forum between the Bob Crites CT125 vs the K77M. There isn't much difference. A technical review of the K77M and BEC CT125 tweeters. (https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/68668-a-technical). These here are made of Baltic Birch with a flat cut figured black walnut approx. 10X thick veneer than what is on Klipsch sawdust cabinets. The vintage drives are far superior in built quality than current. The caps, the wiring is much better too. Once the Heresy III are damaged in anyway the are garbage. With these the can be restore over and over again by a fairly knowledgeable wood worker. I'm sure you mean well just that you're ignorant is all.rs.

Me:  My initial question was asking if you'd "actually ever sold a pair at almost double the price of the Heresy III'"....nothing more, nothing less. In reality, most people spending the money would rather have something with the Klipsch name and serial number which will hold their value versus DIY from someone's garage. Again, GLWS. The "ignorant one".

Him:    Yes, I have sold 5 pair for over $3400. some for less that were not as nice as these. An sure, I used what I know about Klipsch speakers, particularly the Heresy I and expanded on them. These are larger thicker material once the veneer in attached than the Heresy's. The extension cabinets add to the volume which make a huge difference with the sub woofers which is the first I know of. As far as the box type extension cabinets, the look isn't round, smooth edges or nothing new. modern, yet guess what, they work well and they're beefy and who sees them back up against the wall or even set out? Not the listener because they can't be seen unless on top of them due to the risers tilting them down in the rear. Modern Klipsch are so cheaply made compared to yesteryear. Beside all that these are custom hand made and sound fantastic, so much difference than Heresy I, II, current fine looking yet cheap III, Cornwalls, wonderful Belles, almost like apples and peaches. I don't believe you're that experience as you make out, yet so what. I'm one that don't give a dump. I don't believe you're that knowledgeable as you say you are. Myself, I'm just learning again. I understand that there are too many that think like you, that is why these are still here and not in someone's listening room.

Him:  That is true they are seen when someone walks by stands up if one is looking for something though they look great to me and everyone that has seen and heard them, yet these were built for purely listening pleasure. Woman should stay away for fear of the noting the vintage box look that negatively excites too many.. The sound, the listening expectance is what these r about, the classic vintage look, classic signature sound and beyond. They beyond is what it's about as far as I am concerned. No pissing match here, I could care less of proving me, like I said I am just starting to learn. You gave me an opportunity to get yah going is all. I like being a prick at times, nothing personal. I'm old fool school if you know what I mean? I have enjoyed our back and forth.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's more but that's the jist of it.  Did you catch that above?  "Woman should stay away for fear" of noticing that ugly a$$ tumor sticking out of the back side.  lol

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ZEUS121996 said:

Down to $1900. Am I missing something or do the Heresy cabs slide into another oversize cabinet?

Mark

13 minutes ago, ZEUS121996 said:

Am I missing something or do the Heresy cabs slide into another oversize cabinet?

That's the custom audiophile cabinet extensions.  I'm sure that for an additional fee he'll properly orient the capacitors for the best sound or you could send then to @Deang for that service.  I heard that he's offering that option now on his builds (at an upcharge of course).

2 hours ago, ZEUS121996 said:

Down to $1900. Am I missing something or do the Heresy cabs slide into another oversize cabinet?

Mark

Yep....in a way.  The original cabinets are in the front and he adds more wood to the top of that.  Then, a box that looks like it was built in 6th grade shop class is shoved inside of the original.  I  think I have some of the "banter" about why they are done like that in my e b a y messages. 

From his auction:

They have 6 1/4" deep removable extension cabinets (they slip in an out-firmly held with pocket screws. They add to the cabinet's depth/volume. They're much heavier than Poplar wood that I have been using. They're thicker, 1" 8 ply cherry plywood. 

23 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

That's the custom audiophile cabinet extensions.  I'm sure that for an additional fee he'll properly orient the capacitors for the best sound or you could send then to @Deang for that service.  I heard that he's offering that option now on his builds (at an upcharge of course).

Of course

Hey Carl!

Mark