Amp for Original Forte’s

MoMiner

I have some original Forte’s that I bought in 1989. They were great then and still are now!  I would like to buy a new amp (integrated or amp/pre-amp) to drive them.  I listen to pretty much all types of music. $2,000 is my budget. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.  

The best my Fortes ever sounded was with a McCormack DNA-1 Deluxe, which you can find used for around a grand.  There is also a passive preamp from that same time period - the TLC-1 - on which I actually used the active section.  Very old-school - no remote or digital tech.  This was the closest to a live sound I ever garnered from these speakers.
I "upgraded" (more transformed) to HT, and sadly sold both of these units; messed around with a Rotel Amp and HK receiver, but ended up back with McCormack (lower wattage) and an Anthem AVM20 HT processor.  This set-up works for me for HT and music listening, but doesn't hold a candle to the DNA-1 Deluxe and TLC-1 combo I enjoyed previously, when it comes to pure music enjoyment.