Is there a max amount of time speaker cables are good for? Value on audioquest crystal hyperlitz 10' pair?

3 minutes ago, JohnA said:

Ten years MAX life.  The electrons in the outer shells get depleted and the ones in the inner electron shells can't move up to replace them because of the Strong Force.  After 10 years the wire becomes a semiconductor.

you do realize that some dweeb is going to believe you right?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/6/2019 at 8:25 AM, Pete H said:

What he said!  It's just copper wire, I personally get all my cables and supplies from MONO PRICE, but copper, doesn't have a shelf life relative to the human life span, check the connections from time to time and if any of the copper is exposed, trim off any oxidised areas and reconnect.  Don't get caught up in snake oil BS when it comes to wires, it's a load of garbage and you could be spending your money on more equipment and Klipsch speakers.  😅  IMHO 

Silver Wire would be best, I think. And of course Gold would not Corrode! 

Pay more attention to the CONNECTIONS! In my experience, the connections are the most likely to be higher resistance/noise points. And what Pete H. said: Beware SNAKE OIL sellers! And remember, the actual power speaker outputs are much less noise receptive than lower power cables like RCA and  Phono level signals, etc.

John Kuthe...

13 hours ago, windashine said:

this picture of the separation happening, to me, mean's … o O (something's loose) … so I wouldn't touch 'em… o O (try romex)

loose cable_LI.jpg

That’s just the end sleeve - the wire and jacket are perfectly fine. 

• Like 1