Cornwall I vs Cornwall II

Forte Too

I'm looking to buy a set of Cornwall.  I keep seeing Cornwall I's up for sale, but not many Cornwall II's.  I know the speaker layout is different and so are the crossovers.  How do the two different versions compare to each other?  Any huge issues either way?   Any help is TRULY appreciated.  Thanks group!!

• Like 1

FWIW, I have both and find them very similar in output power, but voiced a little differently. Nether good or bad, just a little different. Can't go wrong with either. The verticals I have do have Crites updates to crossovers and tweeters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buy the first ones that come up close to you at a price you're willing to pay.  Then, buy the other version when they come up at a price you're willing to pay.  Then, compare both sets and sell off the ones you don't like as well.

Problem solved!  ;)

I can't tell the difference between the sound from 1's to 2's in a meaningful way.   I'm guessing many others would not either.  You can put two pair of 1's side by side and sometimes hear an ever so slight difference.  Just buy a pair near you that look and sound good to you and don't worry about it.  The world will be good and your music will be great!

• 1 month later...

Forte too,

Are you still looking for Cornwalls? I have pair I need to move on. Purchased NEW in 1986. Still sound great. We are downsizing and the speakers need to go to a loving home. I can send pictures. They are not perfect, but still in very good condition for 33 years. Also have the original Onkyo amp, pre-amp and TEAC X2000R reel to reel. All need to go!

Rich

I know of a pair of ~1978 Conwalls in Santa Fe New Mexico that are gathering dust. I used to own this pair and sold them to a friend who no longer has space for them. I am not the seller but can happily put you in contact if the location is convenient. Not museum pieces but solid.