Klipsch speaker stands?

HenrikTJ

Built my set out of fir rails and plywood, for Heresy, and my subs fit in the bottom on a 2 inch foam and on isolation feet.  Sounds like the Heresy have subs inside the cabinets.  Stained the wood walnut to try to match the Heresy, not quite ... have a second set to build soon.  Nice thing with building your own, you can make them however you want, and stain or paint them whatever colour you want.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MC39693 said:

Built my set out of fir rails and plywood, for Heresy, and my subs fit in the bottom on a 2 inch foam and on isolation feet.  Sounds like the Heresy have subs inside the cabinets.  Stained the wood walnut to try to match the Heresy, not quite ... have a second set to build soon.  Nice thing with building your own, you can make them however you want, and stain or paint them whatever colour you want.

Throw a pic up would like to see them. I toyed with the same concept (adding an area under them for subs) but I currently use that THTLP in the middle as my sub.

Hope this is clear enough ... rails were rounded which presented a gap when glued/screwed to the plywood top/base so there's lots of filler and sanding sanding sanding.  Function over form I guess.  You can see the bottom has a nice area for a sub.  I'll find a pic with the sub inside the base if I can, likely will be a bit more distant than this.  Finished this off with walnut stain, and then just beeswax, after a lot of sanding with up to 1,000 grit.  Tops are smoooooth.  The Heresy sit on a "pillow" of 1/8th inch neoprene and felt.  The sub in the bottom sits on a thick styrofoam slab and the anti-vibration feet.  I've seen much better looking stands by other forum members, one esp. by someone from Florida ... can't recall the member's name but his stands were beautiful, but had more of a center context to the vertical rails so no way to put something in the bottom of those ones.  I'd use his design if I wanted Form vs Function!

Stands.thumb.JPG.396e65b665130bc31b14478f9047f5a2.JPG

• Like 2

Here's one of the sub in the bottom of the stand... the sub is a Velodyne DD10, front firing ... important.  I have 2, one in each stand under the Heresy.  P.S. the tweeter is from @Dave A  The Heresy's are SuperHeresy ala @ClaudeJ1 recipe. The other forum member with really really nice wood work on his stands is from Kissimie/St. Cloud Florida, maybe he'll see the post?  Unfortunately, I did not keep his forum name!

587573428_Stands2.thumb.JPG.f3910cfa5e0bd2b24d8d94f353451738.JPG

• Like 1