'77 Cornwalls $700, Milwaukee

Rivernuggets

11 minutes ago, Rivernuggets said:

Dude.....Still?!?

They must sound excellent though.

STILL! I just haven't gone to the veneer guy, he IS 10 minutes away. Then picking the veneer is going to be tough. Quarter sawn oak, walnut, the guy has been collecting veneer for 30+ years. One of the guys who works with him said he has so much veneer he doesn't know what he has. I have to go all the way over there and go through sheets of veneer, He has the press but wants to break the cab open and do each board individually. Problem there is, I braced the sh*t out of it and used just under a gallon of woodman's glue to seal the cab tighter than a gnat's ***

Mark

20 minutes ago, hybridamp said:

I may have to contact him.   Edit: Never mind, the listing is gone. 😭

If you find a deal, you've gotta pounce.  Those Cornies were listed for $700, the average price is $837.

The last four I documented were $1000, $800, $800 and $850.

3 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

If you find a deal, you've gotta pounce.  Those Cornies were listed for $700, the average price is $837.

That's how I got a full basement.  Looks like a good deal, but no room in the inn.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Indeed, wish I had checked the forum earlier. I just need one more pair, well, maybe a couple, then I should be good, maybe.

Just now, hybridamp said:

Indeed, wish I had checked the forum earlier. I just need one more pair, well, maybe a couple, then I should be good, maybe.

When OCD kicks in, things can get interesting... 

I need to purge, too many things sitting around.

• Thanks 1

Just now, hybridamp said:

. I just need one more pair, well, maybe a couple, then I should be good, maybe.

35 minutes ago, hybridamp said:

9 hours one-way, I guess that might be manageable, I may have to contact him. 

I don't think I would have traveled 9 hours one-way to save three hundred bucks on speakers.  I do think I would have traveled 9 hours one-way to pick up a set as pristine as those looked to be.

When OCD kicks in, things can get interesting... 
I need to purge, too many things sitting around.

Good thing I’m not a betting man, because I would have placed a bet that you grabbed these. [emoji13]

2 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I don't think I would have traveled 9 hours one-way to save three hundred bucks on speakers.  I do think I would have traveled 9 hours one-way to pick up a set as pristine as those looked to be. 

Agreed, plus those are the closest to me geographically that I've seen for sale in a long time.

8 hours ago, opusk2k9 said:

I already have a beautiful pair of walnut and Cornscala and KLF-30 and Chorus II, etc.

Lol, when I missed these, I thought "well, at least Brandon got 'em!" None of my buddies snagged these, but there's a guy in Brookfield who's been buying lots of Heritage, so maybe he got 'em.

2 hours ago, tidmack said:

Lol, when I missed these, I thought "well, at least Brandon got 'em!" None of my buddies snagged these, but there's a guy in Brookfield who's been buying lots of Heritage, so maybe he got 'em.

If the guy in Brookfield bought them, they will be back up for sale soon (but not for $700).

• Like 1

On 3/6/2019 at 11:01 PM, ZEUS121996 said:

He has the press but wants to break the cab open and do each board individually. Problem there is, I braced the sh*t out of it and used just under a gallon of woodman's glue to seal the cab

Sounds like he has no choice but to veneer them as there are. Don't have him tear down your work.

that guy in Brookfield, Wisconsin does seem to jump on the bargains whenever they appear...as someone from Brookfield, Illinois it seems when looking at the usual places that if it's a good price and gone soon, I'll see it up there for a different price soon enough...

Bill