Mounting bookshelf speakers in a bookshelf

I am seriously considering buying a pair of RP-600M speakers.  I actually want to put them in a bookcase.  To do that I will need to mount them horizontal with woofer and tweeter side by side.  Doesn't look like it would be a problem since the tweeter horn is symmetrical .  Need a second (or third) opinion before I spend the bucks.

Will be using them with a Harmon Kardon 3770 and a Klipsch R-120 Sub.

Welcome to the forum!

Interesting.  Klipsch calls it a bookshelf speaker, yet it has a rear port.  That may be perfectly O.K. if the port doesn't get blocked.  It is conceivable that bookshelves might be better then bookcases, since shelves don't have ends that block the ends of the shelves.  Somebody may have had experience with them, and can advise you..

As to vertical v.s. horizontal, I would think horizontal would be permissiable because, as you say the mid/treble horns are symmetrical.  If you want a wide image, put the tweeters on the outside, away from each other.  If that produces a "hole in the middle" from your main listening position, reverse them.  Since the tweeter is so near the shelf, some people would advise positioning the cabinet either flush with the front edge of the shelf, or hanging over 1/2 inch or so, to avoid diffraction.

You could call Klipsch Technical Services (or email them) and discuss these issues.  If you email,  number your questions or they may miss one (experience speaks!).  The technical number may or not be +1 (800) 554-7724

• Like 2