Vintage Pioneer SX9000 Receiver

joessportster

An Oldie MONSTER RECEIVER it works but I am SURE it will need some service. I have had it hooked up several times and listened to it for hours at a time with no smoke or other weirdness. That said I make NO GUARANTEES with this one it is 40-60 years old and appears to be all original. I did use DeOxit on the switches and volume to cure some oxidation scratchiness when adjusting

This thing weighs a ton probably 40-50 pounds so shipping would be a chore, I would much prefer to sell locally, I am willing to drive a piece to meet someone. I will ship but the buyer will have to pay for shipping and ALL MATERIALS Box, foam etc...

LOCATION is 28351 extreme south central North Carolina 

PRICE is 250.00 OBO, Payment accepted, Cash, Check, Money Orders, Paypal Friends & Family ONLY. 

Check out the pics, all lights and lettering is intact, it is a nice looking unit and easily worth restoring, The wood is very nice its clean inside as well Dusty of course

Of course the site wont allow better pics so if you are truly interested I can email more pics

pio4.PNG

pio9.PNG

pio2.PNG

• Like 1

Nice piece of audio history right there. Couple questions. If you toggle through the tone color settings, do all the lights work? Does the reverberation unit work correctly? And can you post a pic with the front door down? Thanks for posting.

3 hours ago, baron167 said:

Nice piece of audio history right there. Couple questions. If you toggle through the tone color settings, do all the lights work? Does the reverberation unit work correctly? And can you post a pic with the front door down? Thanks for posting.

No I cannot post another pic the forum keeps telling me I am at the limit though in my attachments I am no where near the 2 mb limit............I can email if you are interest in buying.  I am no pro on Reverb but it seems to work fine.  As stated it is all original and will likely need some kind of service.  All lights appear to work though I have not looked inside for lights when powered up and switching controls.  I suggest ONLY buy this if you.  1) KNOW HOW to service it or   2) YOU ARE WILLING TO PAY TO HAVE IT SERVICED

I have played it for hours at a time and I was satisfied with the sound for my intended purpose. If I wanted to make it a daily use piece I would pay to have it serviced / checked out.  Joe