Jump to content

WTB- Pair of Forte (1’s)


Imsjry
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Imsjry said:

On the hunt for original Fortes.

 

Interesting that you are specifically looking for the 1's, most look for the II's that were updated; Tractrix mid horn, larger rear passive, vented voice-coil on the woofer and updated crossover, any particular reason you're looking for the originals instead?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jjptkd said:

 

Interesting that you are specifically looking for the 1's, most look for the II's that were updated; Tractrix mid horn, larger rear passive, vented voice-coil on the woofer and updated crossover, any particular reason you're looking for the originals instead?

 

Reason is I thought i could keep the cost down going with the 1's. I was hoping not to spend more then $500 since I've never even heard them and also their age, but am very curious!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also, I did own KG 4.5's for years and my biggest regret in home audio was selling them. I'm looking into the Forte's simply because of the love for them I see in older posts.

 

How would you guys compare the sound to the KG series? The KG's seem to be much easier to find. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Imsjry said:

Also, I did own KG 4.5's for years and my biggest regret in home audio was selling them. I'm looking into the Forte's simply because of the love for them I see in older posts.

 

How would you guys compare the sound to the KG series? The KG's seem to be much easier to find. 

They are much easier to find. Have had the KG-4's a really nice speaker with plenty of bass for a 2 way. A nice pair of 5.5's, same again, and had a bit of seller's remorse. The forte' pair that I had of course a 3 way I really enjoyed having for awhile, and a well balanced speaker for sound reproduction. Listened to a nice pair of Forte II which were even more dynamic than the I's to my ears. So yes, while there are some great KG speakers, the 3 way in the right condition, meaning stock for the most part, may well be the flavor you are looking for. Just a couple or more years ago, you could find forte's or the II's for around $400 generally. Now if you can find a decent set of either, around $500 or more is more realistic. Exceptions appear from time to time depending on location, condition, as well as timing. While deals can be found elsewhere, have found local craigslist usually yield the better deal, in general. At least for me. Forum members knowing your location, may give you a heads up, when they see a pair. Good hunting and be ready to pounce, and depending, travel.

Welcome to the forum...

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have Forte I's and used to have various KG's (2.5, 3.5, 4.2's).  The Forte's are a bit more refined and have a better sound stage ... just be sure to switch to Ti diaphragms. (Thought the KG4.2's were better than the Forte's BEFORE I switched diaphragms.)

Haha, if you are coming to Florida I may have "my" Forte's available ... trying to switch them out for JBL bass-bins and K-510 horns :D 

Cheers, Emile

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Emile said:

Have Forte I's and used to have various KG's (2.5, 3.5, 4.2's).  The Forte's are a bit more refined and have a better sound stage ... just be sure to switch to Ti diaphragms. (Thought the KG4.2's were better than the Forte's BEFORE I switched diaphragms.)

Haha, if you are coming to Florida I may have "my" Forte's available ... trying to switch them out for JBL bass-bins and K-510 horns :D 

Cheers, Emile

 

Hmmm...Florida road trip from Wisconsin sounds great right about now!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a set of kg4.2 in great shape in oak
And a Beautiful near mint heresies 2 in oak with slant risers
The H2’s. 500 plus shipping
Kg4.2. 350 plus shipping
And a set of KI-102 these are great if you use a sub. The mids and highs are some of the best that I’ve had in any of my Klipsch speakers. And the have a 60x90 horn lens
With a 1-25” titanium compression driver
Kg4.2 in top in second pic
H2’s in floor
KI-102’s. 350 set
Plus shipping

3c6870b63797e9d2c9e28799b84a416e.jpg2b8222383273b038eb47663ec406284c.jpg
b50e9ba84904b7a1ad6825f028702aa9.jpg
f56c31d6d991b627bd7f118955aacbb1.jpg
ea78536d0ffd58c37810f26d222ae86c.jpg

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...