WTB- Heresy guts

Pats3of4

Just now, Budman said:

i'm gonna tell you the same thing i just told another member asking the same thing.  you will spend way more money tracking down parts than you will spend buying a complete set off ebay

That's not necessarily true, it all depends on who you buy from , and who you trust.  If you want to place your trust in an unknown entity from ebay, be my guest.

k-77's sell for 120-150

k-55v's sell for 150

k-22's sell for 150

type E's sell for 100 plus

k-700's sell for 50-100

i'm sorry Jim but the math adds up. i've been there and done it

if you only needed the tweeters or the mids or the woofers it would be ok but to need all of it, not worth it. buy a beeter set and transfer the guts

I would trade a pair of HIP's for them those are nice and pretty rare.  Russ is correct though I bought some HIP cabinets and getting all the components and I had the K-42's already cost me like $700 (HIE networks, K-700 horn with six mounting holes, K-55M's, K-77M's, Pro badges) It adds up quickly.  My initial plan was to swap components from another set of Heresy's buyt they had the K-701 composite horn which does not fit properly in an HIP cabinet.

Im gonna build the cabs.  Tools and wood I have plenty of.  I have a pair of k-22’s to get started, though mismatched.  I can build the crossovers.  I might just build three.

i have JBL L series (L830’s, LC2, etc) in the man cave.  I have two Dayton 15” subs I built with a Crown pro amp.  I just want the horns back.

I have all the drivers (K55V or K55M for midrange), woofer's, tweeters, but not the crossovers.  I will sell them all for less than you could buy a pair.  I slowly acquired these over the years to build a pair, but have too many other audio projects going on.  More than that, I need space in my workroom for amp projects in the works.

Send me a note of your interested.  I don't buy or sell here often, but my wife and I have perfect eBay feedback.

PS:. I just remembered that the tweeters were very kindly given to me by another forum member years ago.  I would not feel right turning around and selling them (some might do that; I won't) I pass that gesture on, so the complete set of tweeters will be at no cost.  Add to that the points I'll get from my dear wife for clearing out some of my audio madness, and I will come out just fine.  I promise a very fair deal.  Just don't have the crossovers, but Heresy I networks come up on eBay all the time.

Edited by erik2A3
Additional information.

Pats, I have a pair of Heresy Gen 1 I would ship as a whole to you for a good price. You can keep or toss the cabinets away, fine by me....sound fantastic though and all parts are intact minus the grills which I have new fabric for but will not include unless you need it.

Tim