KPT-310 Crossovers

CANT

KPT-310, KPT-325, KPT-902 & KPT-904 all cross somewhere around 900Hz (give or take 50Hz) and all use the same circuit board along with KPT-942. All LF cabs are 4ohm and all HF horns are 8ohm. My guess is that values due change some between models but not drastically... maybe? The KPT-942 sits somewhere around 600Hz. 

As a comparison the KPT-398 is published at 750Hz while the KPT-396 at 1kHz

Anyone tried any ART CX310 adjustable crossovers? https://www.parts-express.com/art-cx310-2-way-3-way-crossover--245-880?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=pla&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIh_fgn8_64AIVjYnICh1uggDNEAQYAyABEgI5SPD_BwE 

s-l1600.jpg

Add-on ... have a miniDSP 2x4, but it's not great ... have to turn my preamp to half volume to avoid clipping :(  Looking at Xilica's but don't want to spend $1000 just to "try it."

Here's a schematic... I left off the 200ohm/polyswitch protection on HF

unnamed.jpg.7f27dd374f96b843edf9b10431ebd67e.jpg

After another look it does appear that the board has more allowance for variation than I originally thought but all configurations would remain 2nd order for both HF & LF.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, CANT said:

Here's a schematic... I left off the 200ohm/zener protection on HF

Thanks! :D  But now I am confused ... this is a 2nd order 12dB crossover ... when I checked my KPT-904's it states that it has a 24dB xover???

Also, for us "non-electronics" guys ... can you elaborate on the 200 ohm protector ... no clue where it goes :( 

Many thanks, Emile