RP-150Ms for Side Surround in a tiny room?

RADH

Hi, 

I have a pretty small bedroom with a projector and a 2 channel setup and I found a sweet deal on a set of RP-150Ms $350 CAD or RP-160Ms for $450 CAD, and I was wondering if they are good for side surround considering how small my room is.

Heres a link to my Room Setup

Currently I just have a set of RP-150M as front speakers and my receiver is DENON X1500H ( I know my receiver is overkill but I got it on sale and I had plans to upgrade my setup later ) 

I enjoy these speakers a lot and I thought about getting a subwoofer for my next upgrade but honestly the speakers provide enough base in my room.

I thought about getting another set of RP-150Ms and have em setup for side surround but I don't know if its a good idea because while I have a little bit more space on the left side of my bed, I have like a feet on the right.

What do you guys think? would I benefit from another set of RP-150Ms or maybe I should forget about side surround for now and consider a subwoofer or a center channel? 

Any suggestion is much appreciated.

Thank you,

Hossein

Edited by RADH

hi

i’d say if you’ve been wanting surround sound & can get a good deal on the rp-160m that match, have them as your fronts & move the 150m to the back for side/rear surround. you could also add a matching center & or sub, later on, if you’re wanting a 5.1 system. I have a set of 280f floorstander’s & i just pulled the trigger on a pair of 160m for my rears. 

goodluck hossein

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cass99 said:

hi

i’d say if you’ve been wanting surround sound & can get a good deal on the rp-160m that match, have them as your fronts & move the 150m to the back for side/rear surround. you could also add a matching center & or sub, later on, if you’re wanting a 5.1 system. I have a set of 280f floorstander’s & i just pulled the trigger on a pair of 160m for my rears. 

goodluck hossein

Hey Cass,

Unfortunately I don't have any room for rear surround, for side however, they would be pretty close to the listening position and I heard that the RP-150/160ms might not be suitable for sides because of high vocals, so you cant tell the difference between front and side. I might be wrong that's why I cant pull the trigger on them yet 😐 

hey hossein, 

you also can check into the rp-240s & rp-250s they both match your speakers & are true side surround bi-poles. also the rp-250c center is a match too, if u think about going with a center channel speaker instead. I have a set of the rp-250s’s & they’re great side surround speakers: in my opinion. 

good luck to you man