Moving heavy speakers

y2keglide

So I bought these Klipschorns and boy are these dudes heavy!

What do ya'll use to move big heavy speakers around without damaging the floor?

I have hardwood in my listening room and used a hand truck and all the muscle I have left in my 62 year old bod to get them upstairs and I'm thinking about something like these to move things around. I have two Speakerlab K-horns in place now and did scratch the floor a little moving them in and now I plan on moving them out and putting the Klipschorns in their place.

Anyone tried these or have a better system?

zxz.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

i use a simple rug turned upside down on hardwood. i do have the round disc's that are gray in color from Lowes.

i usually remove the round metal plugs on the bottoms of the speakers and put the soft side of the 2 piece velcro on all 4 corners

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, y2keglide said:

to get them upstairs and I'm thinking about something like these to move things around

… o O (shoulda just left 'em on the truck) cause you know ur gonna find a time when experimental horn's enter the equation lol....

Horn_loudspeaker_truck_1929.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 3/10/2019 at 12:02 PM, Bosco-d-gama said:

If you must lift them get some appliance lifting straps. It’ll still require 2 people but you’ll not need to bend over to lift them and the control is much better.

I ‘m pretty much on my own,just need to be able to move them around in the room without scratching the floor.