Integra DTA-70.1

Liqiudcarney

I just purchased one of these amplifiers. It was a good price and I thought I would at least try it. My other options were Monolith and Emotiva. I really need 11 channels but I already have a 2 channel amp.  I've read the reviews on Audioholics and Home Theater review. Just wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with this 8 year old amplifier. Especially if you still have it running after 8 years. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Liqiudcarney

Well, let me pipe in.  I would not put this amp anywhere near a top tier(for mortals $$$) model but it is clearly a step above most upper level and some flagship AVR's onboard amps.  It's 150w/channel in stereo appears to be a true and accurate rating but power all 9 channels simultaneously and watch the power drop off significantly.  With that said, in most HT situations, a soundtrack will not be powering all channels equally so you may not even notice that drop off in real time.  Smallish room  with easy to drive speakers, even better.  Still better than "90%" of AVRs on the market.

"The new Integra DTA-70.1 sports an all analogue discrete-component design. It has an 11.7-Amp power supply with a massive toroidal power transformer with dual 22,000 µF capacitors."

Let me put this in perspective.  My Yamaha A-S1000 and it's "90w/ch@8ohms and 140w/ch@4ohms"  has quad 18,000 microfarads power caps for only 2 channels.  Not apples to apples by no means but just wanted to throw that out there also.

Give that Integra a good workout and see/hear what you get.

Bill

5 hours ago, Liqiudcarney said:

Just wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with this 8 year old amplifier. Especially if you still have it running after 8 years.

My Acurus amps have been in operation for about 20 years now so 8 years should be just breaking in.;)

Bill

Thx for the response.  Yeah I have klipsch r5800's all around so nothing hard to drive or requiring big power. If I still had my Rf7ii's I probably would have gone for the monolith. 

I definitely will give it a workout. We'll see but I am coming from an onkyo NR3008 so this should be an ever so slight improvement.  The onkyo was quite old and still working so this being the same company I'm sure it will be fine.

2 hours ago, Liqiudcarney said:

We'll see but I am coming from an onkyo NR3008 so this should be an ever so slight improvement.

Your TX-NR3008 would fall in that 10% with it's beefy onboard amps but you still may see/hear an improvement.

What are you waiting for?  Fire it up.:D

Bill