did anyone here use DJK's 1 inch throat K400 style horn?

karlson3

No, but I've thought of having my K400 horn bored/reamed out to one inch. I'm pretty sure the castings are thick enough.

Miss having him around. His younger brother was building speakers for awhile, but had a family to feed.

Bruce

8 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Btw, he had said the k400 could be shortened a bit, i.e., cut out a section in the narrow part of the throat and welded back together...

a 2" version could be made that way. PWK himself told me that the K-400 was "much longer than it needed to be" after he designed the K-500 for the Belle.

(I miss DJK too  https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/189427260/dennis-j-kleitsch

Dennis indicated the 1 inch throat didn't overload as quickly as the small throat.  

I've got one K600 horn - a heavy casting - were all K600 made that way?  Also in my Klipsch stuff, I've a pair of K260 - wonder how one would work with K55V and a 1" to 2" adaptor - ?

• Like 2

For a two way or three way?

The original K69 was a P Audio BMD-750... which has been replaced with a BMD-750 II. Dennis said it was an improvement, and the price is now around $170.