Loudspeakers wreaked in Huricain

Billy bass

I was just involved in a Huricain and my Kg 4 loudspeakers where wreaked. I'm wondering it anyone can tell me the value of them, they where in great condition and worked awesome. They where the best speakers I ever had. But now the insurance company needs to know the value but they don't make anymore, so I need to find a value of them and I can't seem to find one anywhere. Any help would be appreciated thanks. Sad sad Billy...

1 minute ago, Billy bass said:

I know they where not cheap new but they will only give replacement value.

I always consider, and have used, what it takes to achieve the same whatever regardless of what one paid originally. If I had something of gold I'd had for 50 years, I would list the current price of gold as the replacement value. Anything less would not replace it. So, seems to me the minimum would be whatever is required to meet the same specs or to acquire KG4s from the used market in equivalent condition. 

Dave

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum. cannot even take a decent stab as to original retail cost. Others here may. Can say that that particular speaker pair has retained even like other Klipsch models may have risen a bit. Certainly I see nice KG-4's with a used price tag for anywhere from $300 to $500. Yours may require the higher end. Not sure if @wvu80 is keeping score. There is or was a pair here in the Garage Sale Section valued at $4 to $5 hundred. Suppose if you had to travel or have speakers shipped, that would be included in the expense column. What finish did they have and were they stock without any modifications,

1 hour ago, Billy bass said:

Thanks for the input

would be my questions besides the condition...thanks.

Edit: By the way craigslist and e-bay are not the only but, two sources to check out for valuation with e-bay typically higher yet, that is not sacred.

13 minutes ago, billybob said:

Welcome to the forum. cannot even take a decent stab as to original retail cost. Others here may. Can say that that particular speaker pair has retained even like other Klipsch models may have risen a bit. Certainly I see nice KG-4's with a used price tag for anywhere from $300 to $500. Yours may require the higher end. Not sure if @wvu80 is keeping score. There is or was a pair here in the Garage Sale Section valued at $4 to $5 hundred. Suppose if you had to travel or have speakers shipped, that would be included in the expense column. What finish did they have and were they stock without any modifications,

would be my questions besides the condition...thanks.

Edit: By the way craigslist and e-bay are not the only but, two sources to check out for valuation with e-bay typically higher yet, that is not sacred.

You are correct, not the ONLY, but at least a starting point!

I'd Google them too! Never know what kind of JUNK Google will pull up! Could be interesting!

John Kuthe...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JohnKuthe said:

You are correct, not the ONLY, but at least a starting point!

I'd Google them too! Never know what kind of JUNK Google will pull up! Could be interesting!

John Kuthe...

Could well be worth the doing. Billy bass may well find it worth the doing. It is a good question....thanks.

"The price for the new? 400-550 dollars street price in the end of 80’s."

Click on the link for the complete reference.

FYI, insurance companies will usually only pay a non-depreciated/current replacement cost if you have an Actual Cash Value clause on your insurance policy. It could be called a Replacement Cost, or something similar. Check with your insurance agent, as you pay extra for that non-depreciated/replacement cost coverage. Since I had such a clause, when my bike was stolen they paid the current market price to replace the bike; all I had to do was provide a valid estimate from a bike shop.

Using the quote above and the average price ($475) and 1990 as the ballpark date, the kg4's would cost $915 in today's dollars.

5 minutes ago, Peter P. said:

Using the quote above and the average price ($475) and 1990 as the ballpark date, the kg4's would cost $915 in today's dollars

Know it an excerpt yet, thinking that may  be close to the actual retail...ball park was a word going to use as a used valuation for the 4-5.

Thanks.