Info Needed: Interelectronics Coronation Four Hundred (400) and Consolette

jackrcox

Hello All, 

I recently acquired an Interelectronics Coronation Four Hundred (400) amp and Consolette preamp off of the local classifieds for a few hundred dollars and I was having trouble tracking down any information on the pair. A few google searches yielded one expired ebay listing and a few incomplete message board threads but nothing substantial. Is there anyone on here that has any information on the amp or could point me in the right direction. I was concerned with if was worth possibly cleaning up and putting to use or how much they might be worth in general. 

Thanks,

Jack

Screenshot_20190312-134741_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190312-134711_Gallery.jpg

• jackrcox changed the title to Info Needed: Interelectronics Coronation Four Hundred (400) and Consolette
  • 3 weeks later...

I have not met him, but I might have heard about him. This amp is currently in the possession of @sheltie dave who had talked about a few others in the area and their experiences with the amp. Hopefully, he can get it up and running proper. It seemed to work good for its age but had a reoccurring pop that would happen every 10 seconds or so. It was likely a bad cap or resistor. 

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice Williamson circuit (or close to one). The output tansformer seems identical to that of the Radio Craftsman C-500 amplifier.

I have bought 3 pairs of these with my best friend. but never had a chance to listen to them as he had suddenly passed away. He only finished restoring one pair and claimed the they easily rival his MC-30s. 

I already left the US and went back to Israel due to family reasons and the amps and rest of his gear were sold by his widow 😕..

Interelectronics was a small NY based company aimed to compete with Marantz. Rumor has it that later it changed its business direction to become Intel...

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

That sure is a nice looking set you have there.  It has been three years since you first posted.  Have you found the information you were looking for?  I have an amp and I am looking for information on the preamp.  Do you have documentation on the power requirements for the preamp?  I would like to know the voltage and current requirements for the preamp B+ voltage.  Thanks.  

Edited by TCDriver

On 4/16/2019 at 11:53 AM, Guy Landau said:

Interelectronics was a small NY based company aimed to compete with Marantz. Rumor has it that later it changed its business direction to become Intel...

Intel was shortened from Integrated Electronics. Some of the founder's names were Moore and Noyce, and they felt that Moore-Noyce sounded too much like More Noise, so they kept looking for a name. Does that sound about right, @JBCODD

Edited by Davecv41
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Davecv41 said:

Intel was shortened from Integrated Electronics. Some of the founder's names were Moore and Noyce, and they felt that Moore-Noyce sounded too much like More Noise, so they kept looking for a name. Does that sound about right, @JBCODD

Never heard the “More Noise” story, but the contraction is correct.