Tangent 5000

Terry Palmer

If you get a pair of Tangent 5000’s for 300 bucks or less, you have sir, have scored! 

One of the Klipsch sleepers, to be sure. 

I wound up using PL construction adhesive to seal up (caulk) all the joints and added a little bracing while I was inside mine, as per the advice from others on this forum. I could actually see the light from a flashlight inside the cabinet through some of the joints prior to this...

They may not be as pretty as a Forte, but they rock like them!

Side by side with my Forte II’s I was hard pressed to pick a winner, maybe the nod went to the Forte 2’s for “slightly” lower bass, but they are a beautifully balanced speaker.

I still own my Tangent 5000’s, the Fortes are gone...

I have heard it said before (probably on here), and I can attest to it as well, the only regrets come from NOT doing something.

Physical appearance aside, I think I prefer the Tangent 5000. Front firing passive and the tweeter is higher so the sound fills the room when milling about.

Worse case scenario, you like them so much you sell the Fortes and put the extra dough towards a pair of LaScalas!

The Klipsch ladder is for climbing, lol!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, geoff. said:

If you get a pair of Tangent 5000’s for 300 bucks or less, you have sir, have scored! 

One of the Klipsch sleepers, to be sure. 

I wound up using PL construction adhesive to seal up (caulk) all the joints and added a little bracing while I was inside mine, as per the advice from others on this forum. I could actually see the light from a flashlight inside the cabinet through some of the joints prior to this...

They may not be as pretty as a Forte, but they rock like them!

Side by side with my Forte II’s I was hard pressed to pick a winner, maybe the nod went to the Forte 2’s for “slightly” lower bass, but they are a beautifully balanced speaker.

I still own my Tangent 5000’s, the Fortes are gone...

$300 and fully functional, that would be pretty good.  Shortcomings in the enclosure and other odds and ends can be handled at that price and you'll have a nice speaker system.