life alert or alert1

dirtmudd

I am so sorry. Thats hurts. Prayers sent.

I do not have experience with those products. Just in case you had not thought of it. Alexa enabled devices with speakers are another choice for fast and short term solution. Able to call 911, or anyone. Easy to set up. Internet and wifi required. Multiple locations usually needed. Voice activation also required.

Just trying to help anyone realize that many homes have these devices installed already, and can be used for emergency purposes.

Sorry to hear that....I had gout in my wrist I would not wish that on anyone well almost anyone..lol. It hurts so bad made my transplant look like a walk in the park. Doc asked on a scale 1-10 I said your scale does not go high enough I said 18 or hit your hand with a hammer if he wants a reference. Hope your dad is better soon.

he's 82 going on 83...

I did not find out about his kidney failure.. or stage 5 ... kidney failure..

until I had to use his car... he just got back from a doctor's appointment..

and in the front seat... was the doctors report...

these old timers dont say a thing..

what happened to stage 1-4...

I'm trying to get him ... to stay here and live...with me and Gia.... to have a better quality of life....

the last time we spoke about it..

was when he was in the hospital this past January.. and he said ok...

the next thing I knew.. I stopped at his house to check up on things..

and after talking to him the day before... at the hospital...

he was home WTF !

Well my uncle has it and it does have some anomalies. Across the street are about 150 apartments for old people who of course have life alerts and every time they use them my uncles door bell rings. But his still works OK. There is so much wi-fi in the air now---. And sometimes he hits the button accidentally and the fire department shows up and he asks them "What the hell are you doing here?" And yes, that is what exactly he says.

JJK

• Moderators

Hate to hear that, it would be nice if he would move in with you. Watched my mother for a few years at the end, looking back I am really glad I did.

Good luck, you know us old people can be hard headed some times. He just may not want to bother you, we went through that with my mother. It took a while to convince her she was not a burden as she called it, it's the least we can do for our parents.

• 1 year later...

I know it has been a while, but I thought it was important to add this here. I envisioned something similar earlier, but this is much better than what was available at that time.

Alexa Care Hub.

https://www.amazon.com/Alexa-Care-Hub/b?ie=UTF8&node=21390531011

Introducing the Care Hub, a free feature in the Alexa app that gives you new ways to remotely check in on parents or loved ones. With an Echo device at your loved one's home and the Alexa app on your phone, you’ll know they’re up and active. You can also get notified if they ask Alexa for help. It’s a simple way to feel close even when you're apart.

It’s easy to check in and know everything is going well throughout the day. A quick glance at the activity feed shows your loved one’s activity by category (like entertainment). You won’t see the song they played or what they said. Set up alerts to notify you if there's no activity or when the first interaction happens every day. It’s reassurance for you and independence for them.

Alexa will call and send a notification to your phone if your loved one asks for help. You can then call or drop in on them through the Care Hub, or decide to contact emergency services.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, 314carpenter said:

ntroducing the Care Hub, a free feature in the Alexa app that gives you new ways to remotely check in on parents or loved ones. With an Echo device at your loved one's home and the Alexa app on your phone, you’ll know they’re up and active. You can also get notified if they ask Alexa for help. It’s a simple way to feel close even when you're apart.

Thanks for the tip.... I have half a dozen Alexa devices throughout the home and my 88-year-old mother lives with me.

Will look into this before I start traveling again.

• Like 1