Inspire Mono Blocks - Sale Pending thanks Paul

Cornman

before I DECIDED TO GET THOSE AMPS, I REACHED OUT TO Dennis, as I was contemplating his 300b amp. he absolutely recommended those amps over the 300 b.

I quote his answer to me:

"

Paul:
In regards to the Inspire mono-blocs ... I gotta tell ya this is such an unusual situation .... I just built those mono's a couple of weeks ago. The fellow is doing a bi-amp system that is not working for him. The amplifiers are some of the best I have done in over 62 years of slingin solder!!!!!!! I had these monos in my home system for a few nights. I hated to shop them!!!! LOL

The mono's are absolutely the choice. You may use any of the tubes as would with the stereo Fire-Bottle you have. I will tell ya ... get a quad set of the SovTec 5881 output tubes .... amazing sound. These are also the same as the Russian 6n3cE tubes you will see advertised on eBay. Killer sound ... also you wanna get crazy .... my favorite .... 6F6 or 6F6G's. You will have an absolute blast with the mono's ..... best of the Inspire Fire-Bottle for sure" 
end quote

Paul,let us know what you think when you get the mono amps.I have one an Inspire SEP amp that I bought second hand and it was shipped with winged c Svetlana 6550 tubes.My amp has 4 power tubes and the sound was a little thin sounding,I tried 6l6’s ,I then changed the 6sn7 tube and then I pulled the Gold Lion KT-66 tubes from my line magnetic lm-126ia and WOW did that make a difference,smoother on the top end ,better bass and better imaging.I am using his LP-3a preamp and the combo is amazing.I would love a remote for volume control.

69DAB500-381B-4BAA-805C-3910973D19BF.jpeg

• Like 1

I received them today. Thanks Cornman, excellent packing

The UPS guy was ticked, b/c they came in  FedEx boxes, with a UPS labels !!l. He said they never utter the "F" word at UPS,...🤣

I should receive the matching pre-amp from Dennis Had tomorrow, so I'll wait to set them up. 

I love the sound of the EL34, I was thinking of a matched quad of G/L KT-77' ?. They will be driving the K-horns.   Opinions  on the tubes ?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, pallpoul said:

I love the sound of the EL34, I was thinking of a matched quad of G/L KT-77' ?. They will be driving the K-horns.   Opinions  on the tubes ?

I like the 6L6 family a little better than EL-34's in my Inspire. I also like vintage Tung-Sol 6550's, but that would cost quite a bit more.